1stDibs is the leading destination for vintage, antique & contemporary furniture, jewelry, art, & fashion. As a two-sided e-commerce platform, we bring together buyers of unique, beautiful things with the preeminent sellers in these categories. We are looking for a current undergraduate senior to join our analytics team as Fixed Term Junior Data Analyst and help stakeholders across the business unlock powerful insights & drive growth through impactful & innovative use of data.
Who you are
Youre naturally curious about consumer behavior & bring a passion not only for finding interesting nuggets of insight amongst a sea of data but also in the way you present your finding back to the business. As a business that has a core value of saying it with data, the role will give you the opportunity to learn & develop expertise around how a luxury e-commerce marketplace leverages analytics to drive decisions. Moreover, you will get hands-on experience in retail analytics & a chance to apply what youve learned at school to real-world transactional & web-tracking data. Your work will inform the strategy for one or more of our business units & have an impact on the growth of the company.
We have a startup culture that is constantly evolving so comfort with ambiguity is very important. In exchange, youll be given the opportunity to work with & learn from some of the most passionate, driven & creative people assembled under one roof!
What youll do
- Collaborate closely with all areas of the business (Product, Marketing, Operations, Supply) to provide scalable reports, dashboards & visualizations that inform key stakeholders & drive business processes
- Combine data from multiple data sources to be able to analyze customer behavior across our platform
- Work together with other analytics team members to discuss your findings & identify areas to dig deeper on
- Generate insights from your analysis & present these back to relevant stakeholders
What youll bring
- Graduating with a B.S./B.A. in a quantitative field e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, etc
- Passionate about data analytics, data visualization & understanding consumer behavior
- Excellent verbal, written & visual presentation skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Can confidently write queries in SQL - Required
- Proficiency using Google Suite products (Docs, Sheets, Slides) or equivalent MS Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Knowledge of statistical analysis coding languages would be advantageous e.g. SAS (preferred), Python or R
- Knowledge of BI tools such as Looker, Tableau, etc a plus
- Prior experience working with retail transaction data a plus
1stDibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, & Twitter.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews & onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected & required to return physically to the New York office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.