1stdibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, Amazon, MLB.com, Shutterfly, & Twitter.
We are looking for a results-oriented, hands-on, & user-centered Product Manager, Logistics, to help scale our growth. You will own a critical area of our platform, create a strategic roadmap, & lead a cross-functional team.
This is considered to be a highly strategic role for 1stdibs that has significant visibility across the organization. We are looking for a strategic Product Manager to own the pre-purchase shipping experience on 1stdibs. This includes improving our shipping prequote algorithms, expanding our shipping methods & capabilities & creating seller incentives to lower shipping price.
Our shipping team has been core to our companys core strength in selling one-of-a-kind products online. With buyers across 170 countries & sellers across nearly 30 countries, our shipping team is an industry leader in designing a network of global carriers that specialize across different shipping methods, from white glove, freight to parcel.
A critical role in our company, this Product Manager will design a strategic roadmap & partner closely with the shipping operations team & engineering team to execute improvements. In addition, the individual will spearhead cross functional plans to coordinate buyer, seller & internal teams to ensure shipping changes are rolled out successfully.
What youll do
- Serve as product owner & develop product roadmaps for our Logistics team
- Define requirements, goals & success metrics for respective product launches, including designing A/B tests (where applicable)
- Work closely with Engineering, Product & Marketing to identify opportunities to leverage your teams learnings
- Evaluate existing pain points & analyze our buyer funnel to shape roadmap & product enhancements
- Integrate with logistics carriers & vendors around the world
- Conduct competitive audits & analyze our current shipping capabilities to identify opportunities for improvement
- Set clear goals & objectives for the team
- Integrate user research, market analysis, analytics & community feedback into product requirements
- Serve as a cross-functional leader to collaborate with various teams to drive new product initiatives
- Manage projects using agile methodologies
What youll bring
- Have 2-4 years of product management experience, ideally in marketplaces or in e-commerce
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to break down complex problems & communicate effectively across different functions to identify potential solutions
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive effective decision-making
- Experience building, iterating & scaling products
- Strong analytical skills to analyze feature performance & the ability to make tradeoffs
- Project management & multitasking ability to juggle projects
1stDibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, T. Rowe Price, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stDibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, & Twitter.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.