ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton Interactive is looking for a Software Engineer to join our Developer Experience, Developer Infrastructure team. Your team is responsible for designing & maintaining the next generation of SCM, CI/CD, & Developer Automation tooling at Peloton. Your work will help a rapidly-growing engineering community effortlessly find & rapidly onboard to the key toolkits necessary for their day to day with a goal of removing toil, increasing developer velocity, & solving for gaps that exist in standard tool offerings.
Our team's mission is to create the best developer experience in the tech industry. As an Engineer on the Developer Experience team you will be responsible for designing, developing, & maintaining the infrastructure & tooling that impacts every engineer in Peloton to quickly & reliably deliver products. You will improve & automate our self-service infrastructure tools to enable engineers to rapidly build & ship code & infrastructure. You will engage with peers & internal customers to understand how to speed & optimize CI/CD across the entire spectrum of Peloton's technology: IoT, firmware, web, apps, backend, messaging, content, data, & machine learning. You will work with the latest open source technology, making contributions of your own to open source projects, & help us build a team the engineering community at Peloton sees as their champions in this space.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Grow your skills in both Pelotons broadly adopted development languages (Kotlin, Python), as well as languages optimized for the tools at hand.
- Collaborate with pelotons greater engineering org as well as your own team to treat your Platforms as Products.
- Architect, develop, test, release, & support CI/CD systems such as Jenkins, GitHub Actions, Gradle, Gerrit, Artifactory, etc.
- Adhere to best practices in architectural design, testing (unit, integration, visual, & regression), & scrum methodology.
- Evaluate developer platform designs, technical decisions, & code to ensure all are high quality, efficient, & well documented.
- Participate in the complete product development lifecycle of Pelotons CI/CD Platforms
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- You love to solve challenging engineering problems
- You are knowledgeable & opinionated (but colaborable) about the software development lifecycle.
- You have expert knowledge of SCM & CI/CD tools such as: GitHub, GitHub Actions, Jenkins, CircleCI, Gerrit, Gradle, & Artifactory
- You are proficient in Kotlin, Python, Java, or Golang
- You advocate for improving developer experiences & practices & lead engineering efforts in support
- You have a growth mindset & will evolve along with the tooling landscape
- You are experienced with the software development life cycle & familiar with best practices in developing, reviewing & managing code
- You work well in a team setting, & collaborate well with others
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, & Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, & best-in-class fitness experts & Instructors.
At Peloton, we motivate the world to live better. Together We Go Far means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. By combining hardware, software, content, retail, apparel, manufacturing, Member support, & so much more, we deliver an exhilarating fitness experience that unlocks our members' greatness. Join our team to unlock yours.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer & committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Peloton has a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health & well-being of our employees & customers globally. All employees based in the U.S. & Canada are required to provide proof of vaccination, unless the employee has a Peloton-approved reasonable accommodation or as otherwise required by law.