Come see whats cookin at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient & exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world & we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services & were growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, & international, & our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
We are seeking an experienced Recipe Developer to join the HelloFresh Culinary team. The Recipe Developer will be responsible for developing delicious new recipes & innovating on existing recipes that drive excitement across our customer base for all our brands. This role is required to develop across all diet & meal preference types while maintaining specific cost & nutritional targets. The Recipe Developer is expected to manage end-to-end culinary recipe development from ideation through initial ediorital steps. The role is cross-functional & developers will work closely with Operations & Brand teams to develop the best possible product.
- Develop 4-6 new recipes on a weekly basis maintaining product fit, cost, & nutritional targets
- Develop products with specific dietary requirements including but not limited to Paleo, Vegan & Keto
- Bring innovative & trend setting ideas into new recipe development.
- Bench top test all new recipes & evaluate through a Culinary Team panel tastings to critique & produce the best product using data driven insights
- Utilize development tools & resources to input & track recipes through the development process
- Write required instructions for each recipe using standardized guidelines, focusing on ease of execution for the customer
- Use consumer data insight as the foundation for all development
- Participate in weekly collaboration with Culinary, Menu, Product & Editorial teams
- Obsessed with food!
- Innovative You are passionate about the world of product/ ingredient design & innovation. You bring a valuable perspective from your vast experience.
- Collaborative - Work cross functionally with various teams to gather key inputs, & able to work well with diverse opinions & competing priorities.
- Flexible - Excited to work in a fast-paced environment with constant change
- Bias For Action Someone who is driven by results. Someone who strongly believes in accountability. A task oriented self-starter who proactively takes on big ideas & projects.
At a minimum, you have...
- Culinary degree or certification from an accredited program
- Nutrition, Food Science, or Dietician background a plus
- 1+ year in Recipe Product Development
- Computer skills including Google Docs, Sheets, & Slides
- Creative mindset to quickly change & adapt to new processes & change
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, prioritize & manage your own workflow
- Enthusiasm to work both independently & collaboratively to accomplish a shared goal
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium & other flexible health plans
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, cold brew on tap & monthly catered lunches
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.