Foursquare is a technology company that enriches consumer experiences & informs business decisions through location intelligence. A community of more than 50 million people use the Foursquare City Guide & Foursquare Swarm apps & websites to discover new places, explore the world & check in. They have written more than 95 million tips & checked in over 12 billion times. Foursquare powers location data for Snapchat, Apple, Uber, Twitter & 125,000 other developers. Foursquares business solutions also include Pinpoint, Attribution, Pilgrim SDK & Foursquare Analytics, which empower brands to understand & connect to targeted audiences as well as measure foot traffic & advertising success.
About This Role
Foursquare is expanding its world-class analytics team with the mission of reinventing how the online & offline worlds are connected using our proprietary location intelligence solutions. Foursquare is seeking a NYC-based talented Analyst - Product who will be the go-to resource for analytics needs of all customer-facing activities covering not only our own existing & future apps, but also the SDK technology that powers the location experiences of partner brands. Reporting into the Sr. Director of Analytics, this role will work closely with all parts of analytics as well as with the engineering, product, sales & marketing organizations to get to the bottom of hard data questions, to ensure data quality & identify opportunities that will shape the direction of the company.
Read more about what were building at https://medium.com/foursquare-direct.
- Be a core part of the Analytics team. Work closely with product managers & software engineers.
- Understand how our technology works, monitor the performance, & identify issues & help diagnose the root cause by asking the right questions.
- Lead cross-functional ad-hoc investigations, triage & investigate the root cause, teasing apart multiple overlaid factors.
- Work with the product & data engineering teams on tracking the performance of consumer-related data sets, & monitor & improve that performance.
- Analyze A/B tests & recommend which option to choose.
- Help uncover & identify new product opportunities by exploring massive datasets & digging for patterns.
- Bachelor/Masters degree in an analytical or quantitative field of study such as CS/Engineering/Econ/Math/Stats/Physics/etc.
- 3+ years work experience as a Quantitative Analyst, Data Scientist, or comparable role, ideally in a SaaS environment
- Outstanding troubleshooting, analytical, & problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally & comfortable working with ambiguity
- Experience working with large, complex datasets & expertise in SQL; Ideally familiar with a/b testing, AWS (Redshift, S3), Databricks or Python
- Experience with data visualization using tools such as Tableau or other similar dashboard experiences
- Basic understanding of statistical analysis, experiment design, modeling, & multivariate testing
- Interest or experience in location technology is preferred
- Striving towards perfection in getting analyses correct; a pragmatist for getting things done on time
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.