BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
BuzzFeed is looking for an agile partner manager to join a growing affiliate team. In this role, you will manage a diverse suite of ongoing projects, communicate fluidly with client partners, & have a keen attention to detail. As the Senior Affiliate Manager, you will oversee the full paid affiliate partnership pipeline, supporting sales leads in building our partner correspondence & strategies, ensuring all Affiliate Managers & supporting teams are operating fluidly & that all business touch-points are pacing towards team paid goals. While we are working remote until Summer 2021, you will be tied to our New York headquarters & be expected to work out of that office once we are back in the office.
- Be the primary contact for paid affiliate strategies & program management
- Work with sales leads to help build & maintain successful performance partnerships
- Partner with the BuzzFeed editorial team to identify areas for optimization, new paid placements opportunities, & partners of interest
- Manage an on-going editorial paid production schedule while also monitoring the success of paid partner programs once live
- Make use of historical program insights to identify new paid placement opportunities & areas of growth both within & outside of our affiliate program
- Assist sales team in external partner communications for campaigns including program strategy & pre-sale negotiations
- Work with internal editorial, tech, business & sales team members to brainstorm & implement multi-faceted partnerships for our affiliate brands
- Work with affiliate & sales team leads to maintain prospect lists for new partnerships, targets, & seasonal programs
- 5+ years of working experience within a management or client-facing role.
- Experience within a cross-functional role that touches affiliate, retail management, e-commerce management, consumer acquisition, merchandising, PR or editorial strategy.
- Have a general knowledge of media, publishing or e-commerce industries with application to publisher e-commerce goals; an ability to layer that knowledge to produce meaningful insights, counsel & planning for our partners goals
- Experience with accomplishing successful collaborations across teams, with the purpose of achieving either client or internal goals
- Ongoing success in driving new client acquisition, retention & growth
- A history of unique programs with a positive & collaborative mindset
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
- A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
- Plenty of snacks (healthy & indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.