Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, & grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult & expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware & software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, & more. We're working to find new & better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms-and we're looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
This team manages the Compliance team's global governance programs & second line testing. The team guides the overarching strategy for foundational compliance program elements that influence each area of the Compliance organization. The focus is on compliance risk-management through development of governing Compliance policies, risk assessments, audits & exam management, company-wide trainings, third-party risk & relationship management, second line of defense testing & monitoring, & Board reporting.
- Set the Compliance Governance strategy, developing the team further & mentoring junior team members
- Manage all Board reporting for Compliance, including evolution of global reporting standards, in consultation with your peers & senior leadership
- Oversee the successful execution of our second-line testing & monitoring group, providing the team strategic direction & consultation on the development of the program, control weaknesses & resulting risk exposure, & advising on regulatory impact/expectations across multiple subject areas & jurisdictions
- Provide insights to senior management on the health of the Compliance program, tracking essential risk indicators & employing quantitative risk management methods, to make decisions & identify opportunities for principled risk-taking that propels growth safely & scalably
- Direct the team's responsibilities for our role in all regulatory examinations, audits, & independent assessments through appropriate socialization of our program, management of engagement, as well as tracking, remediation & reporting of results
- Design, execute, & manage the enterprise-wide & product-specific AML/CTF risk assessments, with a focus on qualitative & dynamic approaches
- Ensure the team continuously improve our standards for policies & related procedural & guidance documents, through the design & implementation of a holistic policy management program
- Drive Square's global Compliance relationship management with acquiring, banking & other strategic partners & provides effective guidance & program management
- Help develop an improved regulatory change management framework & process, working closely with Regulatory Counsel, to ensure the Compliance organization is informed about & can implement changes as necessary across our programs
- Build upon our third-party risk management infrastructure, working closely with Procurement, Privacy, & Legal teams to determine strategy, processes & solutions
- 8 years of compliance experience in financial services, with a preference toward some Fintech experience
- Strong team management, minimum of 5 years experience preferred, & an ability to manage to senior leadership internal & external to Square
- Clear & effective business writing skills
- Experience setting goals for a team & executing on long term vision
- Extensive experience in program management, communication, stakeholder management, negotiating, & influencing experience with a track record of achieving engagement from internal & cross-functional stakeholders
- Experience handling complex regulatory & programmatic matters
At Square, we value diversity & always treat all employees & job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, & talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name & preferred method of contact, & we will respond as soon as possible.