Squarespace is driven by great design in everything we do, & we believe that all ideas deserve to be presented beautifully. With that in mind, we are seeking a Photo Coordinator to work alongside our Staff Photographer. You will be responsible for managing all studio equipment/gear, assisting on set, & collaborating with our creative, production, & post-production teams.
You are passionate about photography & design, have elevated taste, & understand how a shoot functions. You are receptive to feedback, great at taking initiative, & excited to learn more about the photography world. This is a hands-on role that will require constant interaction with the Content team & the larger Creative team.
This role reports into the Staff Photographer & is based in our New York headquarters.
- Manage all studio equipment & general organization of studio space. Should take initiative to help build, expand & maintain our in house studio. Maintain an organizational system for equipment. Responsible for identification & maintenance of broken gear.
- Assist Staff Photographer before, during, & after shoots with prep, lighting, grip & camera work.
- Collaborate with photographer & producers to determine various shoot logistics from pre-production through post-production.
- Collaborate with retouchers during down-time to hone retouching skills.
- Occasionally work early, after-hours, & on weekends when needed (this role is eligible for overtime).
- 2+ years of relevant internship or working experience in photography/content production.
- Passionate about photography & developing as a photographer. Knowledge of modern artists, photographers, & designers working in the medium. Strong interest in understanding modern trends in photography & advertising.
- Demonstrated proficiency in photography & awareness of photo & retouching trends.
- Strong familiarity with Profoto lighting system, digital & film camera systems, & profesional grip & modifiers.
- Proficient in Capture One Pro & Photoshop. Animation or editing experience is a bonus.
- Strong understanding of how a shoot functions from a photography & production POV.
- Deadline-driven with strong organizational & communication skills.
- Interest in learning more about retouching, compositing, & color correcting.
- Valid US drivers license is required for certain production-related driving tasks. Should be comfortable driving a box truck.
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.