Director, DevOps Engineering
As aM continues to expand its engineering community & mature in its Agile approach, the infrastructure required to rapidly build, test, & deliver assets will become increasingly complex. DevOps exists as a multi-disciplinary practice dedicated to evolving & operating our rapidly-changing software at scale through partnership from design, to development, to production support. This includes operating & maintaining our continuous integration & delivery pipelines, monitoring solutions, & production infrastructure. This will all be done by focusing on time-to-market & software reliability.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Work with Architecture, Engineering, QA, IT, & Product Operations leaders to create & implement processes that accelerate the delivery of new features & products with high quality & at scale.
- Establish a culture of high performance, transparency & continuous improvement as it relates to the infrastructure services & streamlining of the development pipeline.
- Build & lead a diverse team of talented engineers globally, providing guidance, support & clear priorities.
- Constantly seek & identify opportunities to streamline existing processes by introducing automation, tools, or infrastructure to scale the business.
- Support the development organizations continuous integration / continuous deployment pipeline, including setup of production & lower environments to build, test & release all software.
- Partner with Finance & Engineering to manage the budget related to overall operating costs.
- Design, implement, & maintain the monitoring & metrics systems, providing the business stakeholders with ongoing feedback on system performance.
- Work closely with leadership & IT to provide input into the design & implementation of the security infrastructure.
- 10+ years of technology experience; 2+ years of management experience in an IT environment coaching & developing a team & collaborating with senior leadership.
- Excellent verbal, written, & interpersonal communication skills; ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Knowledge & understanding of cloud-native architectures, SaaS design principles, microservices, & containers. Any certification is highly desirable.
- Strong analytical skills & ability to solve complex technical problems.
- Experience managing a team; including hiring, retaining, managing performance & developing skill sets of direct reports.
- Expertise in project management including project planning & estimating, project budgeting, staffing, change control, & status reporting.
- Ability to work in an advisory capacity to identify key technical & business problems, develop & evaluate alternative solutions & make recommendations.
- Experience working in an Agile software development organization implementing & supporting development teams using CI/CD pipelines, with tools such as Azure DevOps, Git, Jenkins, Maven, etc.)
- Automated Testing (e.g. Junit, Mocha, Selenium, etc.)
- Automated code analysis/security platforms (e.g. Sonarqube, Checkmarx, Contrast, Qualys).
- System development expertise in large scale development efforts.
- The ability to use code to create automation & a working knowledge of our development tools which include Jenkins, Jira, Git, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, Splunk (but not necessarily all) is required.
- Knowledge of container orchestration ideally using Kubernetes is highly desirable.
- The ability to understand situations or problems by organizing information in a logical way. This includes anticipating problems for root causes & alternative solutions.
- An effective communicator (both verbally & in written form) that can work with all levels & departments in the organization.