Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Procurement Specialist to join our Workplace Strategy team in our Tempe, Arizona office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. Help support category strategy development processes & implementation.
About the role:
Assists on individual projects & business partner work streams to help to create the necessary workflows to set the team up for success. You will review backlogs of contracts, agreement documents & vendor records, cataloging them for future use in newly developed systems. Identify capacity & infrastructure requirements & maintain & provide strategic contract information.
You will report into the Senior Manager, Procurement.
- Relationship Management:
- Maintains constructive working relationships with end users & strategic suppliers.
- Inter org communications; following up with business partners, JIRA ticket follow up, etc.
- Act in an advisory capacity for the the budgeting estimations of business partner projects
- Maintaining excellent communications with team members & business partners in this process
- Strong grasp of purchasing practices
- Analyze bids & negotiate the best deals possible for Oscar
- Participate in contract negotiations as the situation demands
- Master Oscars business specifications with regard to HIPPA regulations
- Have a strong grasp of technical/SaaS contract terms
- Maintain a current catalogue of assets, ie. SaaS products, internal platforms & other contracted services within our Vendor Management Systems
- Keep a running schedule of upcoming renewals & assist in planning new strategy accordingly
- 3+ years of experience in an administrative role
- Experience working with external vendors
- Experience with CMS and/or VMS tools
- Experience with service contracts
- Contract negotiation
Life at Oscar:
Our more than 1,000 employees aim to make health care affordable & accessible for all. We apply this same vision to our perks & benefits, including: medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.