Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, & brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquares platform includes Attribution, Audience, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK & Visits. As the industrys first & only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions those that exist today & those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map & models fresh & up-to-date, building a phones-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About the Role:
The Business Development Manager will drive revenue growth through social & audio channel partners by 1) executing commercial contracts to grow existing partnerships through commercial optimization, or product or geographic expansion, 2) proactively sourcing & closing net new partnerships, 3) supporting Foursquare & partner sales teams with subject matter expertise to build GTM momentum & remove friction across these partner channels.
This is an individual contributor role that involves extensive cross-company collaboration with Foursquares Sales, Product, Marketing, Finance, & Legal teams, as well as building deep relationships with BD & Product counterparts at existing & new platforms partners.
The BD Manager will quickly gain deep expertise in Foursquares full suite of products, in order to approach new partnerships holistically, rising above tactical day-to-day tasks to creatively & strategically grow revenue channels in this partner category. Key to success in the role will be effectively prioritizing the myriad opportunities to grow revenue & forge new partnerships.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Identify & execute on opportunities to grow Foursquares top existing social & audio partnerships through commercial optimization, geographic expansion, & addition of new product lines
- Qualify inbound channel partner requests & proactively source strategically viable new partnerships, working through the full deal lifecycle of discovery call to contract close
- Collaborate with FSQ Client Solutions teams to analyze & proactively identify growth opportunities within existing partnerships, using quantitative metrics to persuade partner teams & FSQ sales teams to lean into certain products, verticals, etc.
- 4+ years of experience at a social media or audio company, adtech company, high-growth startup, or management consulting firm
- Track record of successfully managing & growing high profile strategic partnerships while exceeding individual revenue goals
- Resourceful attitude & approach, ideally with experience sourcing & closing new partnership deals from scratch
- Strong academic credentials, BA/BS or equivalent required
Nice to have:
- Expertise in ad technology & experience working with agencies, DSPs, DMPs, & publishers
- Experience with advertising pricing & commercial models
- Experience collaborating with legal stakeholders to review, negotiate, & sign partner contracts
Perks & Benefits:
- Learning & development programs from ICs to managers
- Individual, professional coaching for all full-time employees
- Flexible time off - rest & recharge when you need it!
- Comprehensive & competitive health, vision, dental, life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Home office setup: you get all necessary hardware & internet reimbursement
- Family planning programs via Carrot & Maven
- Employee Resource Groups to help you stay connected
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.