VP Sales, Americas
Shutterstock is a two-sided marketplace that empowers the worlds storytellers. Through our platform, we provide diverse, creative content to business, marketing agencies & media organizations around the world. With the vitality of a startup & the buzz of a tech breakthrough, Shutterstock is a passionate organization filled with some of the best & the brightest, all eager to take this company to the next level!
We are looking to bring on an exceptional VP, Sales who will own both the revenue & growth targets for the US In this role, you will have the opportunity to oversee a growing team of Creative sales teams across the US.
Youll set the course to overachieve the sales objectives, working closely with your team, product & marketing to identify new opportunities, & will work to define & implement the sales strategy for the Americas. You will drive revenue growth & sales productivity by designing optimized vertical & territory mapping, recruiting talent, developing sales skills, inspiring high performance & implementing efficient sales processes.
This position reports into our Chief Revenue Officer & is based out of our NYC office in the Empire State Building.
- To be a partner implementing the sales strategy for the Americas including driving sales, training, while creating for new opportunities of revenue growth.
- Drive both new business & maintain growth of existing customers across the full range of business customer segments.
- Lead & mentor your team of direct & indirect reports that includes directors, sales managers, & sales reps; Identify areas & territories where the team can continue to grow at both client, agency.
- Operate as a player/coach to the team build, manage, motivate, train & develop the sales team & help with go-to-market strategy
- Build & manage the sales pipeline to accurately forecast & deliver revenue commitments. Lead the team to negotiate & close profitable business.
- Bring in & apply suitable processes to measure, manage, forecast, & drive all areas of the sales cycle
- Setting the targets & quotas that drive achievement within your team
- Develop plans & implement sales strategy to effectively sell & win versus competitive set
- Consistently manage & maintain a funnel that is 4x revenue target on a quarterly basis
Skills & Experience:
- A sales first -oriented leader with experience selling into the VP & CMO level
- Deep understanding of creative & integrated marketing solutions at both agency & brand level.
- Experience at the fortune 100 company level selling in high tough enterprise solutions to media & entertainment industry
- Proven ability to scale , train & partner with a diverse sales driven team
- Proven leadership & motivational skills to drive daily activity
- Manage in market meetings with sales directors, managers to obtain best outcomes,
- Managed & developed teams of 30+ with a proven history of managing teams through other managers
- Proven track record of meeting & exceeding sales Budgets
- Experience in licensing of content or SaaS solution based models for creative a bonus
- Proven track of record of senior client relationships that can help facilitate strategic partnerships
- Bachelor degree or comparable professional education
- A passion for the creative, media, entertainment, brand storytelling industry
- Effective communicator, strategic thinker, culture creator & great interpersonal skills
- Intellectual dexterity & delivery-oriented hands on strong problem-solving skills combined with follow through
- Data driven, data curious, analytical, spots trends in the data
- SaaS & creative experience preferred
- Ability to operate & influence cross-functionally with other departments
- Strong leadership professionalism integrity
- Entrepreneurial with strong commercial awareness
- Pro-active rather than reactive has a sense of urgency operates at pace consistent with Shutterstock culture
- Able to operate autonomously & take ownership of the business
- Resilience & an ability to work effectively under pressure
- A team player who focuses on the best outcome, & doesnt bring ego to the table
- Ability to delegate appropriately
- Possess a strong belief in & passion for Shutterstocks market value & potential
- Willingness to travel frequently
Shutterstock (NYSE: SSTK), directly & through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos & music to businesses, marketing agencies & media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 1 million contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, & currently has more than 297 million images & more than 16 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world & customers in more than 150 countries. The companys brands also include Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat, a curated royalty-free music library; & Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com & follow Shutterstock on Twitter & on Facebook.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V