At Flexport, we know global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. Flexport today connects more than 10,000 clients, both consignees & shippers, across 109 countries. Our role is to help businesses of all sizes find the global trade solutions that will empower their success.
Now, more than ever, customers need our support to survive & win in 2020. Their success is our success. We work back from whats best for them to find a solution. Thats why we are building the Platform for Global trade - a strategic model combining customer centricity, supply chain expertise, advanced technology & data analytics.
Our goal for this role is for you to be a proactive business partner to our clients, designing & implementing the unique supply chain solutions that will propel our clients businesses forward. As a member of the Global Client Solutions Team, your mission will be to proactively grow our client relationships by building & implementing solutions to their critical supply chain challenges.
In every role at Flexport we balance high levels of tactical performance (convergence & scalability) with high levels of adaptive performance (divergence & problem solving) it means we are constantly learning & finding ways to improve. In this role, adaptive performance is essential to helping our clients understand & realize Flexports value proposition.
The Client Solutions Manager will own the long-term client relationship, improving & growing the clients business by identifying & implementing new & enduring global trade solutions to drive the clients business forward.
- You will use your advanced knowledge of the clients business goals, the industry, & Flexports services & solutions to proactively close & deliver new solutions that empower the client & deepen the client relationship.
- You will serve as the clients trusted advisor, advocating for their needs with internal stakeholders & finding win-win solutions for the client & for Flexport.
- You will use regular client touchpoints & business reviews to help clients understand the value they are realizing & to capitalize on new opportunities to deepen the relationship.
- You will work cross-functionally across Supply Chain Operations, Procurement, Account Solutions, Implementation, Industry SMEs, & Trade & Financial Services teams to develop & execute on the client strategy in a deliberate way that maximizes the clients outcomes.
- You will stay up-to-date on the latest industry & supply chain developments, so that you can proactively educate & support your clients through change.
- You will proactively monitor the clients health to identify opportunities to improve client outcomes & ensure that Flexport meets its business objectives.
- With the support of Client Solutions Associates, you will help the client improve operational processes & streamline its supply chain.
- You will ensure high product adoption by mastering teaching the Flexport platform to help your clients get the most out of their Flexport experience.
- You will have constant opportunities to learn by attending & participating in account management meetings, training seminars, & workshops.
The Client Solutions Manager will have the unique opportunity to manage & mentor Client Solutions Associates (CSA), as they ensure that Flexport consistently delivers value & as they identify new opportunities to improve client outcomes & deepen the client relationship.
- You will be accountable for the growth & performance of CSAs.
- You will provide coaching on navigating difficult client conversations & collaborating with internal stakeholders.
- You will help CSAs identify new business opportunities through a deep understanding of the clients supply chain, business metrics, & the Flexport solutions.
- You will teach them the fundamental skills of account management.
- You will provide constructive feedback during the companys performance cycle.
- You will make recommendations related to career growth opportunities.
Our clients depend on us to manage their experience with high degrees of professionalism & attention to detail. Here are some of the tactical responsibilities for this role:
- After the initial client onboarding & solution adoption, you will own the client strategy. You will decide, document, & implement the long-term plan for Flexport to deliver for the client.
- You will understand & develop pricing strategies to drive profitability & growth. You will monitor the clients performance & profitability over time, & work with the client to ensure a win-win relationship.
- You will serve as a critical operational expert during the clients onboarding experience, ensuring that the clients success criteria are accurately translated into standard operating procedures for the Supply Chain Operations team.
- You will identify & create new revenue opportunities by selling new Flexport solutions & services that empower our clients.
- You will demo Flexports value & service offerings for new stakeholders to ensure that the client realizes the full Flexport value.
- You will perform core account management activities to ensure excellent client outcomes, such as defining & refining the customers success criteria, responding to customer escalations, maintaining an accurate client forecast, & reporting on customer financial health.
- You will set or support the account strategy during the industry bid season & respond to client RFPs with an approach that elicits client trust & confidence.
- You will track client related activity by inputting all relevant information into Salesforce, Flexports CRM, in order to monitor trends in the client relationship over time.
- You will ensure that the client meets their financial agreements, managing credit & collections.
- You will respond to complex client escalations.
What you will need
- A background in logistics, freight forwarding, or supply chain (strongly preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in supply chain operations, sales or account management roles, or equivalent relevant
- Hands-on, structured thinking with strong problem-solving skills
- A strong leadership background with people management experience
- Strong business acumen
- Bonus points for product development understanding
Why join Flexport?
Investing your time with Flexport means keeping pace with a rapidly growing business, learning new skills, & seeking opportunities to think from end to end. We appreciate your contributions to making Flexport an amazing place to work & we encourage upwards or lateral movement & transfers that align with current business needs & help Flexport deliver on its mission & unlock the potential in our team members.