As an NS1 Product Owner, you will be guiding a team of agile engineers ensuring they are successfully executing against product strategy & have a unified vision they are working towards. You will be building proper requirements to hit our customer demands & future product vision.
You will be working hand in hand with the product managers, the engineers, & the engineering managers to help deliver on a roadmap & be part of the iterative process in product design.
NS1 has transformed the way the internet works by automating the deployment & delivery of the worlds most trafficked internet & enterprise applications. Its application networking stack modernizes DNS, DHCP, & IPAM the familiar & universal foundations of all network & internet services to unlock unprecedented automation, visibility, & control. NS1 has more than 600 enterprise customers worldwide, including LinkedIn, Dropbox, & The Guardian, & is backed by investments from Energy Impact Partners, Dell Technologies Capital, Cisco Investments, & GGV Capital.
- Maintain & communicate the vision of what should be built to the agile team
- Work with engineering managers, product line leaders, & technical product owner to drive roadmap & backlog prioritization & refinement.
- Assess value, develop cases, & prioritize stories, epics & themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Work with the engineering service team tech lead to choose technical approaches that meet customer needs while meeting business constraints (e.g. committed dates)
- Perform user acceptance testing
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, & elaboration of requirements using user stories
- Work with customer design partners to validate requirements, assumptions, & designs to ensure value is delivered
- Map out project dependencies to inform the necessary sequence of development
Ideally, youll bring:
- 3+ years working with software delivery teams
- Experience working on highly technical & distributed systems
- Experience interacting directly with customers & users.
- Comfortable working with distributed teams, facilitating communication, & managing work-tracking software.
- Experience eliciting requirements & feedback from product users & business stakeholders
- Extra kudos for some coding experience (any language)
Working at NS1:
Were a fast-growing, well-funded startup based in the heart of New York Citys Financial District with offices & team members around the world. Working at NS1, youll come to understand our team is unique, both in & out of the workplace. We have PhDs, musicians, artists, & athletes working side by side, dedicated to delivering first class products. Were hardworking, but we're also a compassionate group. We understand that outside of NS1 is a world that places demands on our time. Our leadership team is dedicated to open & honest communication & we continuously strive to foster a culture of transparency, flexibility, & creativity. We were chosen as one of BuiltinNYCs Top 50 Startups to watch in 2019 & closed our $40M Series D in July 2020.
For all employees, we offer:
- Competitive compensation, including new hire & recurring stock options
- Flexible hours, time off & work from home options (even prior to COVID-19!)
- Choice of laptop & supplemental allowance for workstation accessories
- In house wellness programming & education
- Access to employee-led affinity & social awareness groups
- Funtivities calendar - employees can participate in culture building workplace activities ranging from happy hours, holiday events & special interest activities
- Quarterly giving campaign to charities & social causes
In addition to the above, we offer US Employees:
- Medical, dental, & vision benefits
- Unlimited vacation time with a mandatory minimum utilized each year
- 401k through Betterment
- Commuter benefits (which well use even more often once we return to the office!)
- An outstanding parental leave policy of up to 18 weeks (12 of which can be consecutive)
NS1 champions diversity - we welcome & employ people regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.