Communication has changed for people. Its changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycleacross acquisition, engagement, & support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, & so much more.
What's the opportunity?
You will do meaningful product design work at ahighly admired product-driven company that's driving real change in the industry.
Each product designer at Intercom works in a team with a product manager, up to 6 engineers, & some also work directly with research & analytics. Together they own a part of Intercom, ship solutions to challenging problems & get feedback directly from customers.
We've had designers in key leadership roles, including at the exec level, from the very beginning. This has made design a core foundation of our company's DNA. This means that you'll never have to justify the importance of design.
We genuinely care about people & value kindness in our everyday interactions. You'll be able to be yourself, feel valued, supported, learn & grow no matter how experienced you are.
If you want to learn more about what it's like to work here, check outintercom.design, readwhat makes us different, & watch a keynote from our CEO talking about our mission, vision & thenext chapter of Intercom.
What will I be doing?
- Work through design problems from beginning to end, translating insights from research & analytics into concepts that form disruptive new products & features, & designing the detailed workflows & interactions required to make them a reality.
- Collaborate with designers across the organisation to raise the quality bar & continuously improve Intercoms design processes, principles, & tooling.
- Sketch & prototype ideas to quickly assess their viability, & design the fine-grained details of components, interactions, & transitions.
- Partner with product managers to define & evolve product roadmaps.
- Work closely with engineers as you build, iterate on, & ship ideas.
- Write about, present, & share what youre learning, both internally & with the wider community via our blog, books, & events.
What skills & experience do I need?
See what we look for when we hire designers
- Experience designing digital products & systems, not just websites. You have helped ship products that solve real problems, & that people use.
- An appreciation of the entire product development process, from problem solving & system modelling, through to detailed UI, visual, & interaction design.
- Ability to design polished, high-fidelity mockups of your solutions using modern design tools such as Figma & Sketch.
- Strong communication skills to help people across the company understand the rationale behind your proposals, & the complex nuances of design problems.
- Motivated self-starter who can deeply collaborate with other disciplines including product management, engineering, research, & analytics.
- A growth mindset. Willingness to own problems. Comfort with ambiguity. A desire to make things better. A balanced sense of optimism & humility.
Your experience should ideally focus on designing software products, & your portfolio should clearly outline the problems youve taken on with your design work. It should touch on the process you applied to find solutions & overcome challenges, rather than focusing just on visual polish, or the final deliverables.
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If theres something important to you thats not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary & equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods & a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health & dental insurance for you & your dependents
- Open vacation policy & flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- If youre cycling, weve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but were happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people & we want to continue to attract & retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive & diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.