Come see whats cookin at HelloFresh!
The Shipping Supervisor oversees the day-to-day operations within the functional areas of receiving, shipping, storage / distribution of goods, & logistics. The Shipping Supervisor coordinates activities & provides coaching & guidance to workers in the quality team. The Shipping Supervisor works alongside & with the team, stepping in as needed to ensure maximum productivity. The Supervisor receives direction from Management & carries out instructions based on given guidelines. The Supervisor is responsible for following & enforcing all safety, GMP & SQF policies/procedures, as well as adherence to PPE/hygiene policies. The Shipping Supervisor is required to be certified in operating all material handling equipment as needed by location.
You will ...
- Respectfully communicate with all employees & leads.
- Supervise a team of 25-40 employees & ensure efficient & safe operations of shipping activities
- Develop your team by ensuring proper training, day - to- day coaching, & certifications are completed
- Communicate daily with carriers to ensure on time compliance
- Plan & assign work of subordinates
- Provide all employees with necessary tools, proper training & corrective direction
- Occasionally required to communicate with other departments within the distribution center in order to collaborate & solve problems.
- Maintain discipline, morale & harmonious relations among subordinates.
- Investigate & adjust personnel problems within area of responsibility.
- Respectfully support & follow direction from management & completes tasks with minimum supervision.
- Train new employees on standard operating procedures
- Responsible for upkeep of equipment including reporting defective equipment to management.
- Maintains the work area in a clean & orderly condition & follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Update data in the computer system; must be able to use a computer & type/data entry using computer programs (Microsoft Office, Google Sheets).
- Provide coaching & development to shift hourly associates.
- Provide all employees with necessary tools, proper training & corrective direction.
- Report information & update managers throughout every shift with knowledge of that days production.
- Resolve employee issues through appropriate problem resolution.
- Check & respond to emails in a timely manner.
- Balance quality, productivity, cost, safety & morale to achieve positive results in all areas.
- Work to continuously improve processes.
- Manage departmental performance measures, including visual controls & provides regular progress reports to shipping during the shift.
- Submit paperwork at the end of the shift.
- Conduct daily shift meetings & safety meetings with employees.
- Conduct interviews for nonexempt shifts within the department.
- Perform accident investigations.
- Manage department priorities as situations arise.
- Track absenteeism & timekeeping daily.
- Perform accident investigations & notify management as appropriate
- Leadership: Able to train & develop a large group of employeesand manage multiple production lines
- A problem solver
- Results Driven
- Able speak to employees with tact & diplomacy
- Able to multitask: tracking/monitoring production & maintaining productivity
- Computer literate to input information into the computer
- Able to take direction & relay information to employees
- Comfortability in being exposed to cool and/or cold environment (10 - 40)
At a minimum, you have...
- Required: High School Diploma or GED or related work experience
- Preferred: At least 1-3 years of supervisory experience in a production environment
- Intermediate computer skills requirement data analysis/creation, Microsoft office & Google Sheets, Email.