Project Franklin is a stealth-mode startup operating independently within Walmart's tech incubator, Store No 8. We are building technology in a fast-paced environment that has the potential to impact millions of lives.
We are a scrappy & entrepreneurial team with access to the resources of the world's largest retailer. We're building cutting edge technology from our lab in Greenpoint, NY & our journey has just begun.
Project Franklin's engineers are forward thinking & collaborative in nature. We are looking for team members with strong skills in their fields & an ability to turn on a dime to support the fast-paced nature of our business.
What Youll Do
- Develop, test & debug system software/firmware for embedded home automation devices
- Collaborate with designers & engineers to develop a seamless user experience between hardware & software
- Utilize wireless technologies such as WiFi, BLE, Z-Wave, & Zigbee to facilitate communication between custom & partner devices
- Work with engineers at manufacturing partners to test, debug, & release customized hardware devices
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a similar technical field of study
- 5+ years of experience in embedded software engineering
- Expertise in C or C++ & related tool chains
- Experience with wireless protocols & standards such as Z-Wave, Zigbee, BLE, & WiFi
- Experience with ARM processors (specifically the Cortex-M family)
- Experience interfacing with cameras & other sensors
- Experience working with REST APIs
- Low-power, battery-operated device experience a plus
- Competitive salary & equity
- Health, dental, & vision Insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- A large, open workspace in NYCs Greenpoint neighborhood
- A kitchen full of fresh fruit & snacks