Here at Zola, were seeking an exceptional Product Manager to own new initiatives within our Invitations & Paper team.
This role will bring a new disruptive product to market in early 2021 & own its future product roadmap. In addition, this role will collaborate with cross functional partners to discover & grow new business opportunities as well as optimize current Invitations & Paper products. Were looking for someone who can both sweat the details & tie them back to the big picture. The successful candidate should be equally comfortable talking tech with developers, brand positioning with marketing, & talking strategy with executive leadership.
The Product Manager will execute on the vision of the business, anticipate & make trade-offs, deliver an amazing customer experience, prioritize everything there is to do, all while keeping the business & customer needs top of mind. Youre a problem solver & have a proven ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams & manage multiple projects at the same time. Lastly, you love working with kind, smart colleagues who share a commitment to putting the customer first!
- Owning new initiatives & products related to our Invitations + Paper business
- Prioritize key features that focus on growth & engagement
- Communicate projects to key stakeholders of all levels
- Project management for all projects on the roadmap
- Analyze & report on performance of features within invites & paper
- Deeply understand the customer & think creatively about how to serve them better
- Conduct deep discovery & diligence work on potential partners & competitors
- Conduct user testing to better understand how customers interact with current product & future ideas
- Dissecting customer frustrations with wedding planning & identifying ways to turn frustration into happiness
- Partner with Marketing, Growth & other teams to continuously improve customer retention
- Collaborating with partners to identify new ways to delight the couple & turn those into new features or offerings
- Feature performance & KPIs
- Understanding of technical constraints & knowing where to push the boundaries
- Evaluating competitors & the market for capability-oriented & emerging development & technology trends
Our ideal candidate loves both building & optimizing, as well as strategizing & doing. You are a structured & creative thinker, & you are able to toggle easily between the big themes & the little details. You are comfortable in SQL, Google Analytics and/or Looker, & you can prove your ability to learn new systems & processes quickly. Lastly, you love working with kind, smart colleagues who share a commitment to putting the customer first!
- 2-3 years of product management experience in a fast-paced environment, consumer focused startup or experience in a fast-paced analytical role
- Passion for owning new products & bringing them to market
- Exceptional technical, business & customer experience judgment
- Creative, scrappy, & customer-obsessed
- Superior written & verbal communication skills; presents effectively to a senior audience
- Excellent quantitative skills; comfortable running A/B tests & diving deep into data to pull out strategic insights
- Deep empathy for the customer & problem solving for them
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize & manage competing tasks in a fast-paced, highly ambiguous environment
- Ability to build business relationships across functional teams
- Comfortable working with remote teams across multiple offices & geographies
We're Zola, the wedding company that will do anything for love. We're reinventing the wedding planning & registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples lives even happier. From engagement to wedding & decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools & technology all in the service of love.
We built our entire platform from the ground-up in 2013, & quickly became the fastest-growing wedding company in the country. Our team has deep experience creating award-winning online & mobile products that are helpful, intuitive, & simply magical. Were proud to have investor partners including Female Founders Fund, Comcast Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Canvas Ventures, Thrive Capital & Lightspeed Venture Partners, among others.
We are passionate about supporting all forms of love, & were proud of our thriving community of over 1 million couples. We strive to hire a team that is as beautifully diverse as the couples getting married today, & we encourage individuals from every race, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, marital status, religion & perspective to apply. Zola will always be a place where every employee, couple, wedding guest, wedding vendor, & partner will be respected & accepted & valued.
We have offices in Montreal, New York, & Charlottesville. Come work with us!