At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft started as a donation-based ridesharing network in San Francisco, & today provides millions of rides every day in more than 200 cities. Were moving to a world where on-demand transportation is a viable alternative to vehicle ownership & we need people with vision & insight to help get us there. Our team has a history of enabling rich & creative features that set the standard for the ride/bike/scooter-sharing industry. We constantly innovate & incorporate cutting edge technologies to make the lives of our communities better.
Our Montreal office developed the first automated bikeshare system in North America (Bixi), a system that has since been deployed in multiple cities around the world: Chicago, London, Mexico (coming soon), Montreal, New York, San Francisco to name a few. These are also some of the biggest bikeshare systems in the world!
Lyfts team in Montreal is growing rapidly, & we are looking for Engineering Managers to help us scale. Our Software Engineers are smart, flexible, & love solving difficult challenges. They look to their managers for organizational transparency, career development, mentorship, & honest feedback. They move fast & ship code to production continuously, relying on their leadership to increase productivity by removing obstacles & keeping processes lean. Our Engineering Managers are people with varying technical backgrounds & interests -- some are involved in the technical details of their team & others provide general technical direction & oversight. As managers, our job is to keep teams efficient & executing on the right goals. We build teams that are inclusive, helpful, & have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
Interviews & interactions with the other offices in the company will be in English; however, the working environment in Montreal is bilingual.
- Lead a team of talented Software Engineers who like to ship code & tackle hard engineering problems
- Mentor & guide the professional & technical development of your team members. Help develop their careers, & assign them to projects tailored to their skill levels, personalities, work styles, & professional goals
- Build teams that are collaborative, inclusive, & respectful of each other
- Provide continuous feedback, address underperformance, & recognize the individual strengths & contributions of your team members
- Create plans for prioritizing technical & resourcing challenges in your organization
- Maintain a balance between building sustainable, high-impact projects & shipping things quickly
- Instill a spirit of continuous improvement in the teams code, architecture, & processes
- Work closely with the Lyft recruiting team to hire high potential candidates from diverse backgrounds
- Work with your Software Engineers & Product Managers to maintain a prioritized backlog & create short term & long term goals
- Own your teams deliverables & ensure we continue to ship scalable, highly-available products that delight our passengers & drivers
- Fluent in English & French, written & spoken
- Must have a technical background & be able to contribute to planning & design discussions
- Customer-focused, whether they are riders, operators, cities or other Lyft employees
- Experience leading a team of Software Engineers & guiding them through their career development
- You believe in building both teams & products that scale
- Enjoy working in a collaborative environment, & committed to creatively driving projects to completion
- Motivate & instill a strong sense of ownership in your team
- Experience guiding teams through planning, prioritization, & execution of work
- You think ahead & build for the future
- Extended health & dental coverage options, along with life insurance & disability benefits
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- Access to a Health Care Savings Account
- In addition to provincial observed holidays, team members get 15 days paid time off, with an additional day for each year of service
- 4 Floating Holidays each calendar year prorated based off of date of hire
- 10 paid sick days per year regardless of province
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
Lyft proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft believes that every person has a right to equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, pardoned record of offences, or any other basis protected by applicable law or by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Accommodation for persons with disabilities will be provided upon request in accordance with applicable law during the application & hiring process. Please contact your recruiter now if you wish to make such a request.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States & Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule, remote, or as a visitor) are required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated & up to date against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated & up to date means an employee has: 1) received all recommended doses in a primary series of COVID-19 vaccine; & 2) either has received a booster dose or is not yet eligible to receive a booster dose but will do so when eligible. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state & local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process. New employees must provide proof of full vaccination or receive an accommodation exception approval prior to their start date.