Do you love playing with developer tools? Learning about the latest features of Docker? Getting your CI server set up the right way? Adding helpful git hooks to your repository? Writing linter plugins? Building CLIs? Maybe you even feel a little bit guilty putting as much effort as you do into your tools, when you should be doing real work.
You dont need to feel guilty. Come work on the developer experience team at Vimeo. Your job will be to explore, master, & deploy developer tools to help make 150+ developers at Vimeo across three continents as effective as they can be.
What youll do:
- Build & improve local & shared development environments.
- Maintain & build tooling around CI/CD & version control infrastructure.
- Improve the speed, reliability, & actionability of the Vimeo.com build script, test suite, & static analysis engine. (The author of Psalm, the open source PHP static analysis engine, works on our team).
- Go on periodic sabbaticals to help out other teams at Vimeo, learn about their processes, & discover their pain points.
- Troubleshoot general developer issues.
- Whatever it takes (within reason) to make your fellow developers more effective.
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- At least two years of professional experience in software development
- You have had experience at all levels of developing, building, deploying, & monitoring a project
- Strong knowledge of Docker, Linux systems, & Bash
- Previous experience in build/deploy/release engineering or productivity engineering
- Experience contributing to a static analysis tool or compiler
- Knowledge of Google Cloud, the Hashicorp Suite, and/or Chef
- Experience with Webpack
- Experience with Jenkins & plugins
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories & connect with their audiences & communities. Home to more than 90 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the worlds largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share & sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, & to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent & cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration & creativity. Were committed to building a company & a community where people thrive by being themselves & are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe & India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.