Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where & Why
We are looking for a Customer Success Manager who is a dynamic, passionate, self-starter to join our team. Youll be working with a wide range of customer personas, from SMB, to the worlds hottest startups, & some of the largest global enterprise accounts. Your job is to support our new customers as well as existing customers with new Twilio use-cases as they launch their applications using Twilios wide range of products. This role is a hybrid of technical project management as well as product & account support.
You will strategize with our sales leaders on key accounts to optimize & improve their existing Twilio footprint.. As a trusted advisor, you will ensure they have the Twilio products & services that best fit their immediate needs & their future use cases. You arent an engineer but youve proven technical aptitude in past roles by learning technical products, adjusting complex explanations depending on your audience, & troubleshooting basic issues where necessary.
You excel in a fast paced environment, working as a customers internal advocate to remove obstacles that may impede a customers experience with Twilio. You thrive on solving new, complex challenges that are unique to your customers & their businesses.. You care deeply about building trust with everyone you work with.
Twilio is looking for a Customer Success Manager who has a successful track record of working with both technical & non-technical teams. We seek someone with:
- 3-5 years of experience in Customer Success, Product Enablement or Account Management (non-quota)
- Experience building Salesforce reports for account review & project health
- Great organizational & time management skills
- 2+ years Project Management experience in a technical environment
- Experience implementing new processes & communicating them with internal teams
- Motivated & positive approach to solving customer problems large & small.
- Experience utilizing Gainsight (or other customer health tools) a plus
- Minimum 2 years customer onboarding experience in a technical environment
- Experience working in JIRA, Confluence & ZenDesk a plus
- Ability to consume & transcribe technical documentation for customers
- History building reports from analytics/reporting tools (ex. Tableau, Looker)
- An understanding of API architecture & use cases
- Experience communicating with all levels (ex. developers, vendor management, C-levels)
You are technically curious & thrive on solving complex challenges that may have never seen before. You care deeply about building trust with everyone you work with.
As a Customer Success Manager, your job is to work 1:1 with strategic & enterprise accounts to manage their onboarding projects. An average day consists of scheduling & holding conference calls with the customer to learn about their upcoming use cases & help them build a successful project plan. You will work closely with the customer to identify if internal resources, such as support, product training, product management or expert services are necessary for the customers project. Your goal is to help the customer launch their Twilio product based on their success criteria.
You will spend your day:
- Working cross-functionally internal Twilio teams to help address open customer requests
- Identifying & reporting on patterns & trends that affect the customers experience.
- Addressing billing questions, invoice setup & account review
- Generating & reviewing customer reports
- Creating & reviewing customer-facing project management documents
- Providing product best practices
- Attending regional sales meetings
- Escalating support tickets & monitoring their resolution
- Working with sales team to review account health
- Identifying & managing account risk
- Report & present customer status to senior management
A portion of your time will be spent on continual education of Twilios evolving products, services & internal process improvements. This is accomplished with self-service trainings, product webinars, internal documentation, & by shadowing colleagues. One of Twilios core values is Draw the Owl, & an ideal candidate will tackle new challenges & problems with this mindset.
Twilio is empowering the worlds developers & enterprise with the technology to build modern, enjoyable communication experiences in their applications. The Customer Success Team is a strategic component in building our customer base & helping businesses improve how they interact with their customers.
Integrating Twilios products into our customers applications can be complex; many different components that live both within & outside of Twilios technology will play a key role in the customers launch. You play a critical role in taking our customers Twilio applications from idea to production in a scalable manner. You will help guide the customers to success by keeping projects on track & providing the necessary resources & support.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 50 West 17th Street in New York. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, wifi enabled rooftop lounge, ergonomic desks, massages, bi-weekly All Hands & more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work & home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl & not be beholden to one playbook.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco & other offices in Bogot, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore & Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, & video by virtualizing the worlds telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.