Convene is seeking a Director of Acquisitions & Development to join its world-class, vertically integrated Real Estate Team. As a Director, you will report directly to the Vice President of Acquisitions & work closely with others on the leadership & executive teams. The position will provide for exceptional professional growth & the opportunity to work with executive leadership in a high-growth, venture backed company. This is a remote role, ideally based near a metro area in our expanding Southeast market (i.e. Atlanta, Nashville, Dallas, Houston, Austin).
What Youll Do:
The Director of Acquisitions & Development is responsible for managing all transaction deal flow for covered markets, including building relationships with the landlord & brokerage communities. A successful candidate will work independently to develop & execute new business, including sourcing new opportunities & closing transactions involving a variety of different deal structures, and seeing successful transactions all the way through the development & construction process.
- Develop & sustain relationships with new landlord partners to source opportunities in target markets.
- Organize & maintain deal pipeline of potential site opportunities & in-process transactions.
- Manage the internal & external coordination of all transactions from start to finish, which includes negotiating term sheets / LOIs & working closely with key stakeholders.
- Conduct detailed market analysis & develop a thorough understanding of each target market, including major landlords, pipeline developments, & key demand drivers for the companys business lines; participate in guiding the overall growth strategy for the dedicated region.
- Liaise with external brokers on market research, transaction timelines, due diligence & data collection efforts.
- Guide the underwriting team in preparation of Investment Committee Memoranda for review & approval.
- Present potential transactions to the companys internal Investment Committee & external Board of Directors.
- Support corporate development team to identify partners, contractors & consultants in new markets to assist with managing early due diligence efforts, establishing budgets, & oversight of entitlement & permitting issues.
- Work closely with the corporate real estate development team including internal architecture, design, and construction personnel .
- Oversee development process including oversight of the planning, design, entitlement, & construction process for select deals.
- Collaborate with the Development & Design, Sales & Marketing, Operations, & Finance teams of the company.
- Perform other duties/initiatives as requested by the executive team & the Vice President of Acquisitions.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time.
What We Look For:
- 7-10 years of professional experience in commercial real estate acquisitions & development.
- Experience working for/with a large institutional landlord or a private equity firm & an understanding of PropCo/OpCo structures.
- Proficient in real estate underwriting / modeling, extremely well-versed in Excel.
- Creativity in deal making & understanding of flex office & meeting space & value proposition to asset owners.
- Existing market asset knowledge & relationships with the landlord & brokerage community a plus.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment & under the pressure of working on several large projects at once.
- Embodiment of growth company DNA: positive, flexible, change seeking & creating; a builder, not optimizer
- Confident in making good decisions, even in ambiguous situations, while taking full accountability for the results of those decisions.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, & efficient task prioritization; ability to handle transactions in multiple markets simultaneously.
- Proven negotiator & able to manage projects that require negotiating contracts as high as $30M in value.
- High emotional intelligence; you work well & effectively with others, regardless of the role they play - you are as comfortable & skilled at talking with the GC as you are with a client executive on a site tour.
- MBA, MSRE, or MRED preferred.
- You have flexibility with work hours & travel regularly.
Who We Are:
Convene is a premium work experience company that includes a network of 25+ meeting, event, & office locations, & Virtual & Hybrid Meetings products. Were creating premium, hospitality-driven, & tech-enabled meeting & event experiences through our proprietary technology platform & network of premium workplaces. Join us at the forefront of improving how people meet & work.
Were Here For You:
At Convene, youll receive:
- Excellent health coverage for you & your family
- Medical & insurance navigation support through Eden Health
- Generous paid time off, including an extra day off for your birthday
- 401K plan with company matching
- Professional development support
- Access to healthy meals & snacks at work (when in the office)
- A chance to be part of a dynamic, growing team
- The opportunity to have a significant impact on your team & the business in the work that you do
We require all employees, regardless of location, to be fully vaccinated (including boosters, if eligible) against Covid-19 by the time they start, subject to any applicable accommodations. Therefore, if you were to join Convene, subject to any applicable accommodations, you would need to be fully vaccinated by your hire date to be eligible to start in the role. As a condition of employment, you would need to submit official COVID-19 vaccine documentation. Convene will consider & review reasonable accommodation requests based on medical or religious grounds for qualified candidates.
Convene is committed to building an inclusive & diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives. #LI-JB1