The OS integration team is a cross-disciplinary team in charge of improving & maintaining Firefox on its various supported operating systems. Among other responsibilities, the team leads the various compiler (Rust, WASM sandboxing, Clang, LLVM, etc) integrations, crash investigation & security hardening efforts.
As a Senior Software Engineer in OS integration you will
- Investigate low-level systems programming issues on the Windows platform & assist other engineers with your platform specific expertise
- Track upstream development of Rust, Clang & LLVM & monitor performance & compatibility with our codebase
- Research tooling such as GWP-Asan & RLBox to improve the stability & security of our products
- Manage the integration of the various compilers & tools in our infrastructure
- Collaborate with other teams by providing code review & technical direction
- Work with a geographically-distributed development team
You should possess the following skills:
- You have experience with compilers, executable & library formats, & related tools
- You have experience with low-level systems programming on Windows. Additional Linux, Android and/or macOS experience is a bonus
- You possess working knowledge of C/C++. Rust experience would be a bonus
- You are an excellent communicator & have participated effectively on a distributed team
- Youre pragmatic about how to move things forward in specific time frames including trade-offs & safeguards when implementing new functionality
- Experience with low level systems programming or operating system internals
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open & free is better than closed & controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform & help create more opportunity & innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, & belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices & forms of knowledge are crucial to & enrich the companys core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized & Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities & expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, & to receive other benefits & privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle & texture), religion (including religious grooming & dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.