Senior Systems & Database Administrator
Our mission is to build software that allows people to use their voice to get what they want. SoundHounds Voice AI platform enables everything from cars to coffee machines to understand what you say & to intelligently respond. We do this by leveraging deep neural networks to build a full suite of voice technologies. Easier said than done!
Pulling this off requires high quality services, infrastructure & processes that enable SoundHound to deliver at a higher velocity. We are looking for a Senior Systems & Database Administrator who thrives in a fast-paced, continuously improving environment.
You will join a small, high caliber team that ensures high availability of mission critical host computer resources. This group develops & maintains tools, procedures, custom scripts & test plans to ensure operational reliability. They establish installation methods & guidelines & tackle the management of the host computer operating systems, databases, disk array, & other infrastructure components.
In this role you will:
- Design, build, & maintain the infrastructure, services, & processes of the SoundHound mission critical enterprise & development systems.
- Deploy, maintain, monitor, tune, & perform the day to day management of the SoundHound production & development environments.
- Identify & recommend design & configuration improvements of operating systems, databases, & system applications.
- Investigate & analyze systemic issues & provide remediation.
- 5+ years of experience in Linux system administration, complex systems management, programming, & systems software & support
- 2+ years of experience in administration of SQL (MySQL, Postgres) & NoSQL (MongoDB, Hadoop) databases
- 2+ years of experience in Cloud Service Provider environment administration & support
- Strong troubleshooting skills of complex systems/application stacks
- Experience running & maintaining a 24x7 Internet-facing production environment, across multiple on-premise data centers & Cloud environments
- Experience with kubernetes & containerization technology
- Experience with Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins, & other configuration management & deployment software