Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 60,000 full- & part-time alumni & counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our upskilling & reskilling initiatives. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
The goal of the Associate Career Coach (ACC) is not unlike the Career Coach role, to ensure students are supported as they start to think about their next professional steps & graduates are prepared & confident in their job search. The role of the Associate Career Coach is to help strike a balance of supporting students to meet their obligations of becoming a qualified job seeker, helping plan programs & deliver content, & ensuring that graduates are empowered to find jobs in a timely manner, as well as find roles that they are passionate about.
- Actively pursue professional development opportunities, internally & externally, in an effort to grasp & develop a clear coaching vision, deliberate & methodical career coaching approach, & an overall coaching foundation
- Work with the local Career Coach to serve as an example of career coaching excellence at General Assembly, both internally & externally
- Acts as a first point of contact to answer questions, communicate expectations & announcements, & general overall support for students & job seekers. Over time, is willing to manage their own pipeline of students & graduates through scalable & innovative programming initiatives, one-on-ones, & employer engagement
- Proactively responds to students & job seeker needs to identify challenges & mitigate areas of struggle & work with the Career Coach to develop cohesive & intentional action plans
- Has a good understanding of the local tech scene & works to incorporate this community into local Outcomes programming initiatives
- Drive & impact Outcomes results by effectively serving as an accountability & thought partner to students & local Career Coach
Core Coaching Responsibilities
- Coach & Counselor - Work with the Career Coach to ensure all job-seeking students & graduates have a smooth transition from the classroom to job seeking & that they feel supported during this process. Reduce anxiety for students & graduates around their job search through clear communication. Help students identify their personal goals to best impact their job search & educational experience.
- Content Delivery - Educate students & graduates of immersive programs on skills needed to perform an effective job search. Assist with leading both recurring one-on-one & classroom based programming & may, over time, own their own caseload & cohorts
- Content Creation - Work with teams at GA that are responsible for curriculum to highlight updates as needed & create new student-facing resources.
- Internal Team Connector - Utilize & coordinate with GA community resources as needed to acquire additional educational opportunities (mock technical interviews, project feedback, etc.)
- Risk Management - Track student progress & highlight to teammates & stakeholders when a student isnt doing well or falling out of communication. Also, ensure that were putting quality, qualified grads into our community.