Hi, were Oscar.
We are changing how health insurance works. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent & human. We need your help to do so. We brought together leaders from top technology, service & healthcare companies to work side by side to disrupt health insurance. The result? Better people, better ideas, & better healthcare.
As a member of our 12 week internship program, you will have the unique opportunity to work alongside an exceptional group of technologists while developing hands-on experience in a fast-paced environment. Your growth & success are paramount to us: Youll have the direct guidance & mentorship of one of our experienced engineers, & will be matched with a team that best suits your interests. We'll make sure that you have a thorough understanding of the different types of problems were solving; so that you can work on projects that not only excite you, but drive meaningful, real-world impact.
Oscar engineering builds industry-leading software that aims to transform the healthcare experience. We work on high-impact projects across our front-end, mobile, platform, & data teams; building rich web applications, product backends & services & the infrastructure that supports it all.
Typical Projects Include:
- Public-facing full-stack applications which inform our members about available plans & support the user in making the best choices in a complex domain
- Interactive care router using React & Google Maps, backed by a healthcare guidance engine based on NLP techniques
- Building easy-to-understand interfaces for our internal teams that aggregate & distill complex data sets
- Ingestion of health events via a real-time data pipeline, & a timeline to let members view their health history including doctors appointments, lab results, prescriptions, etc
- Building & improving the software infrastructure we run on: cluster management, service discovery, continuous integration
- Android & iOS apps for members to access their health information on the go & track their fitness activity
Who You Are:
- Excited to take part in reinventing healthcare
- Have experience in a systems language like Java, C++, or Go, & a scripting language like Python or Ruby
- Want to work closely with product & design teams
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.