Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, & meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, & books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly & 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, & distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, & NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBCs Disruptor 50, one of Forbes Next Billion-Dollar Startups, & the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the 5000.
Our Head of Total Rewards will provide strategic leadership for the design, development & administration of Skillz compensation, rewards & recognition programs. Skillzs success is a testament to the remarkable Skillzians who have joined the company, allowing us to grow by over 100% every year since inception. Now, we need an equally remarkable leader who can scale our total rewards programs to keep up with the growth as a public company.
What you will do:
- Own & evolve the companys total compensation, incentive, equity, rewards & benefits programs for all levels of employees to drive business results, enable hiring & retention, & to ensure an exceptional Skillzian experience
- Build a team of Total Rewards professionals
- Educate leaders & employees on Skillzs compensation philosophies & programs
- Design & recommend benefits & perks programs by assessing employee requirements, reviewing competitor & general industry practices, & analyzing cost impact/effectiveness
- Partner with HRBPs & Leadership team members to advise & influence business decisions related to hiring & retention of high performing teams
- Strategize with the Talent Acquisition, HR & Leadership teams to develop competitive offers rooted in market data & aligned with our compensation philosophy, for new & existing Skillzians
- Work collaboratively to improve Rewards processes, workflow & systems
- 10+ years HR experience with at least 3+ years experience in a leadership role heading up total compensation strategy, including executive compensation, sales & incentive compensation & equity compensation
- Global compensation & benefits strategy experience a plus
- Proven track record hiring & managing highly performant total rewards teams
- History of promotion/advancement & increasing responsibility
- Quantitative & data-driven able to draw insights from data while making strong intuitive decisions when data is imperfect or unattainable
- Hungry & energized to hit ambitious goals
- Ability to build process in a rapid-growth environment
- Passion for building innovative total rewards & programs that are unique, creative & effective
- CCP, CBP or SPHR certification a plus
- Experience in fast-growth environments a plus