About your role:
The Director, Communications will grow an external, internal & executive communications strategy for Fandom. You will develop a strategy to improve B2B & B2C awareness & favorability for Fandom through press, speaking opportunities & smart partnerships/integrations. You will also meaningfully contribute to Fandom's culture programs, improving cross-company communication & collaboration. The Director will report to the CMO.
- Partner with product, content/programming, community, business development & sales to understand essential projects & opportunities to strengthen Fandom's positioning & raise its profile, across the core community & tabletop businesses
- Partnering with the VP, Sales Marketing & Insights, create a strategy for B2B communications, including tentpole integration opportunities, executive profiles, case studies, & research; use Fandom's deep data assets to guide seasonal stories & recurring features/franchises
- Fuel consumer brand exposure & awareness, bringing forward creative moments important to Fandom's position & story
- Develop internal communications strategies & activities with Human Resources team, to connect essential team members & employees across the company
- Craft pitches, press releases & important talking points, overseeing all messaging around projects
- Build compelling press kits & work with events team on stunts & special events
- Identify high visibility opportunities for the business & its senior leaders (e.g., events, conferences, awards)
- Develop & cultivate close relationships with editors, journalists & influencers at business, trade & consumer outlets
- Prioritize press/communications initiative based on jointly developed measurements to ensure team achieves desired Return on investment for the business
- 10+ years of PR/communications experience in entertainment & media
- Relationships with B2B & B2C journalists/publications; experience in securing top tier media coverage
- Been a strategic partner your entire career, applying creative solutions complex problems
- Passion for storytelling & being part of a growing brand
- 7+ years experience being counsel for communication needs at Executive level
- 5+ years of experience working with confidential information
- At least 4 yeas of managerial experience
Benefits & Perks
- Health, Vision, Dental, & Life Insurance
- 401k Plan (+matching)
- Flexible time off - flexible & generous
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Family Assistance Programs
- Employee Assistance Programs & Support
- Wellness Programs
- Loan-Assistance, money-management, pet insurance, & other discounts
- Phone, Gym, & commuter programs
- An international work environment with a startup culture
Fandom is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, Fandom provides a home to explore, contribute to, & celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or what's buzzing in entertainment, Fandom has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge & carefully curated & fun, original multi-platform content.
Fandom has a global audience of 300 million monthly unique users & encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video.
- We serve a global community.
Connection with our fans, creators, & partners is at our core, & its grounded by our active efforts of inclusion.
- We build experiences.
We imagine, improve, & deliver solutions.
- We bring joy.
We celebrate our fandoms, our teammates, & the work we do.
Learn More about Fandom
How Does COVID impact hiring at Fandom?
Fandom has historically thrived with a mixed workforce of in-office teams & key remote employees working from a distance. During the COVID pandemic, Fandom employees switched to an all-remote model. We miss each other & look forward to reopening our offices when the timing is right. Ask your Talent Partner for updates on the timing for reopening. Fandom is dedicated to keeping our employees & partners safe.
Fandom is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Fandom, one of our core values is We Serve a Global Community. Connection with our fans, creators, & partners is at our core, & it's grounded by our active efforts of inclusion. As such, we're proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, & we do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We invite you to complete the optional section below. This information will help Fandom with our reporting requirements & help us learn more about how we can increase diversity in our candidate pool. Completion of this section is entirely voluntary & has no impact on your opportunity for employment.
New York Fair Chance Act