To support growth in the APAC region, we are looking for a talented tech marketing manager to lead our marketing in Japan.Reporting to the Japan Country Manager, you will be responsible for creating & executing country campaigns focused on brand building, lead generation, partner/channel marketing & ultimately customer expansion. This is a highly collaborative role, suited to a creative & results-driven individual. You will develop & execute marketing initiatives designed specifically for Japan & adapt global campaigns by partnering with the global marketing team.
The role will require you to partner closely with leadership, sales, global marketing, other APAC regions & industry partners to deliver marketing goals. You'll ensure that all marketing campaigns are deployed effectively in the region, work with sales on activities to accelerate existing opportunities, & develop customer advocacy & upsell/cross-sell campaigns.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced B2B tech marketer, with a strong understanding of the Japanese market, who is looking to hone & expand their skills at a hyper-growth, global unicorn SaaS business. We strongly encourage applications from all genders, ethnicities & minority groups.
Responsibilities (what youll do):
- Manage the regional marketing budget, maintaining accurate forecasting & ROI achievement
- Monitor & report on the effectiveness of marketing activity in relation to campaign goals & the overall lead to revenue scorecard
- Monitor lead progression to pipeline & prepare monthly insights for discussion
- Proactively provide strategic recommendations for plan adjustments required to meet goalsPreparing budget recommendations as part of the fiscal planning process
Brand & demand campaign management
- Design & drive campaigns, events, webinars & partner marketing programs for Japan
- Develop & execute tactical lead generation & pipeline optimisation initiatives to meet quarterly objectives
- Define & managing customer advocacy initiatives
- Work closely with the global team to input regional insight into global marketing strategies & deliver product launches & programmes in region
- Work closely with external agencies to develop the brand & PR strategy & execute press & media relations campaigns
- Partner closely with the Digital Marketing team to ensure effective integration of advertising into ongoing campaigns
Content strategy & creation
- Champion the content plan for the Japanese website working closely with the content & online development team
- Produce marketing copy to support campaign execution across a range of channels
- Partner with the global content team to localise & maximise newly developed content as well as manage the creation of specific regional assets
- Create & execute partnership marketing campaigns with technology partners, systems integrates & media partners
- Work closely with the US partner marketing manager to ensure relevant content for regional use
Monitoring & reporting
Qualifications (what you have):
- 5+ years technology marketing background
- Experience within a global B2B SaaS marketing team, ideally for a US-HQ company
- Fluent in English & Japanese - written & verbal
- Bachelors degree in Marketing or equivalent professional qualification
- Proven experience in integrated marketing - inbound, event management, content, social strategy (organic & paid) & digital marketing
- Excellent communication & project management skills to ensure campaign success
- Ability to work in a collaborative, international team structure
- Proficiency in SFDC & Marketo
- Experience of effective partnering with sales
- Creative yet pragmatic
- Proactive self-starter
- Open-minded & curious
- Detail & results-driven
- Strong communicator & influencer
- Collaborative, team player
- Problem Solving / can-do mentality
- Growth mindset
Pink, Perks, & Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads & hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand & attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital & Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse & exciting set of technologies & clients & have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, & fun.
- Company Equity
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for the HDHP (High Deductible) Medical plan for all employees & their families
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for dental & vision coverage for all employees & their families
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches & fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies & balanced snacks
- Frequent company & team-building events
- Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
Best private cloud companies to work for, we're #1
What makes Pendo culture special
We are an equal opportunity employer & believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives.