Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected, category-defining brands that matter right now. The Agency Development team aims to drive Group Nines strategic initiatives & revenue growth with Agency Holding Companies.
Were looking for an Associate Director to join the Agency Development team to deepen & grow relationships at the holding companies & agencies through pro-active & strategic business-building opportunities. The roles purpose is to educate & inform the agency marketplace about Group Nines offerings & services including but not limited to, innovative technology, content programs & media solutions.
This individual must have deep expertise in digital media & this person will work & liaise with a variety of teams at Group Nine, including Sales, Insights, Brand Marketing, Industry Marketing, etc. The Associate Director is responsible for analysis, storytelling, client-facing presentations & communication.
We welcome candidates that are proactive, creative problem solvers, comfortable with partnering with various teams. Were looking for someone who wants to join a next-gen media company reaching todays modern family.
The Associate Director will lead by example in demonstrating Group Nines values - Care Deeply, Be Brave, Go First, Do Good, Stay Close & Win Together.
WHAT YOULL DO:
- Work with sellers to uncover & create & package up a pipeline of proactive & strategic tentpoles & opportunities that ultimately influence & drive Group Nine revenue.
- Shape & share innovative technology, content & media solutions by working closely with G9 internal stakeholders (Product, Research/Insights, Sales, Marketing, etc.) for Holding Co & Agency teams.
- Partner with SVP on Strategic Plan for assigned Agency Holding Companies & Agencies.
- Look for ways to optimize for Group Nines revenue growth through regular analysis of assigned Agency revenue and their business.
- Partner with SVP on the content & presentation of Agency quarterly business reviews (QBRs), education initiatives, innovation road shows, etc.
- Act as day-to-day contact with EP & other cross-brand teams (Research, Programmatic, Experiential, Culture, etc.) teams at Holding Companies.
- Create, Manage, & Update Rate Card, Spend Trackers, & all other collateral & materials requested by Agency & holding Company teams & those to enhance partnerships internally & externally.
- Manage & set up Agency & Holding Company wide products (PMPs, first looks, etc.)
- Be an Ambassador & represent Group Nine at Holding Company/Agency events & senior executive meetings to demonstrate Group Nine product/capabilities that drive strategic opportunities.
- Become an Internal communication champion, ensuring that Sales & the Agency Development Lead are coordinated & efforts are in sync on a continuous basis.
- Lead the creation of joint research projects with assigned Agencies.
- Enjoy developing Holding Company/Agency executive relationships.
- Get agencies their structure, economics, processes, roles, clients.
- 7+ years experience in the advertising industry having agency, client-side, business development, and/or sales experience.
- Ability to think strategically, understanding marketer needs & creatively translating these needs into compelling concepts & programs.
- Proven ability to drive results, as well as create & sell-in innovative solutions to customers
- Proven ability to simplify & package complex product offerings for appropriate audiences.
- Ability to handle many initiatives simultaneously & prioritize according to meeting revenue goals
- Understanding of & experience with all things digital advertising; programmatic, mobile, video, content, etc.
- Adept at creating marketing materials & presenting those materials in rooms small & big.
- Bachelors degree required, MBA a plus
- Associate Director of Agency Development reports directly to the SVP of Agency Development & Services & sit within the Strategy Org.
Why Work at Group Nine
We are committed to diversity, equity & inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I & executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Weve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support & meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer & religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.
About Group Nine:
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nines brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news & politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Womens Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critics Choice, among others.