As the Workplace Regional PinCuisine & Events Manager, youll oversee the NYC office with daily meal oversight, event bookings, ensuring company guidelines are being met, invoicing, budget tracking & metrics upkeep. In Addition to event planning, you will oversee the culinary & pantry program to create parity & fun & exciting food programs. As a team we focus on bringing inspiration to events daily; from assisting an employee execute the perfect client meeting to helping plan global offices end of year holiday parties. In doing so, we help create a workplace environment thats fun, inspirational & allows employees the ability to drive home our companys mission in their daily work: To bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love. This is a 12-month, full-time contract with the possibility of extension.
What youll do:
- Manage Overall culinary & pantry program including, budget forecasting & program guidelines
- Ensure both culinary & pantry vendor adheres to program & budget guidelines
- Organize & manage recurring meetings with culinary, pantry & events team to ensure daily operations are on target & expectations are being met.
- Event Strategy: Collaborate & strategize with workplace & cross-functional teams to develop a strong homebase of events that can expand our company culture globally.
- Event Programming: Ensure positioning, messaging, goals, deliverables, & tactics are achieved before, during, & after each respective event. Focus on maintaining accurate metrics to better predict trends for specific office needs in the future.
- Event Production: Lead internal event partners including culinary, security, building engineering, AV, self moves for room set-up needs, other vendor services & event stakeholders to ensure the client/employee's vision is executed properly.
- Role Model: to maintain team morale you will behavior best practices, be the example & encourage everyday positivity & inspiration
- Off-Site Event Planning: Spearhead workplace hosted events such as the offices annual summer & winter holiday party off-site events. Collaborate & coordinate with office leads to such as office admins, Pinterest security as well as our compliance teams to ensure safety & accordance with Pinterest, Inc policies prior to booking. Extensive vendor research, cost comparisons, contract execution, & pre/post-event planning.
- Own ad hoc projects & day to day operations related to workplace services (sometimes outside of the event org) to continue alignment & evolving branding of our overall company culture
What were looking for:
- 7+ years of work experience in Hospitality and/or event management with an emphasis on program development, detailed event planning, vendor management, vendor contracts, & direct report managing skills.
- Experience in managing budgets, financial planning & tracking
- Flexible schedule based on event calendar; early mornings for international offices, some evenings & weekends.
- Excellent organizational skills to execute multitasking in a deadline-oriented environment with quick turn-around time.
- An enthusiastic, driven, positive, hard-working professional that wants to learn & grow within an evolving workplace. Always putting personal agendas aside & driving focus on company success.
- Excellent written & verbal communication with an emphasis on customer service, positivity & the ability to proactively address clients needs