Company Description|Job Description
Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
By joining one of our teams at Earthport, a division of Visa Inc since 2019, you'll have an opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Being part of Visa, the world's leader in digital payments technology, our mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network, enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive.
Earthport is a financial technology business that provides cross-border payment processing services to banks & payments businesses across six continents through its global network. One of the fastest growing global Fintech businesses the Group also provides tailored FX & payment solutions direct to corporates through its EarthportFX brand.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we are proud that we are a talented team of 18,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life both within & outside of the office, & whether it is taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programmes, Earthport & Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
If you think you could support the Visa family by joining Earthport as Head of Sales, we want to hear from you.
What's it all about?
Visa Directis a payment service that Visa provides to clients (issuers, acquirers, processors, merchants & service providers) to facilitate fund transfers/disbursements to Visa accounts around the world using push payment technology, i.e. Original Credit Transaction (OCT). Visa Direct consumer & business applications include person-to-person (P2P) transfer, person to micro-business transfer (e.g. payments to landscaper), funds disbursement (e.g. insurance claim disbursements), bill payment, cross-border remittance & more. Currently, the push payments market around the world is estimated to be an $80T opportunity.
TheVisa Direct Regional Sales Leader will lead Financial Institution & Cross border sales acceleration for Visa Direct in EMEA. This is a unique opportunity to be part of building a new ecosystem in the fast moving world of payment & one of the most important initiatives at Visa.
This role will be responsible for leading the team to achieve aggressive sales targets & ensuring breakout growth of Visa Direct across the region. We will be working in an agile environment, so this person must be aggressive & proactive to ensure we achieve our goals. Must be able to pivot & adjust as new information & lessons learned come to light.
This is a matrix, cross-functional role so organizational savvy & interpersonal skills are critical, as we interface with specialized product groups, financial institution sales, merchant & acquiring sales, client consulting, marketing & corporate communications, legal, & finance to coordinate the end goal of achieving aspirational objectives.
Visa is looking for an individual that is a thought leader in strategy & business growth with a proven record of success in fast-paced environments with demanding timelines.
What we expect of you, day to day.
Achieve or exceedaggressive sales targetsfor Visa Direct across the region
- Achieve annual sales goals for both merchant & acquirer sales of Visa Direct, in partnership with local sales teams
- Take clients through the sales cycle from prospecting to solutioning to deal structure to contract
- Develop sales strategyfor sales acceleration, including determining high potential client targets, use cases, verticals, etc.
- Drive lead-generation & prospecting program & ensure good response to new leads coming in
Drive four key workstreamsfor Visa Direct growth
- Work with existing Visa merchants & their Account Executives to cross-sell Visa Direct solution where a good fit exists
- Lead prospecting to non-Visa merchants to find the right contacts & build relationships, & sell where a good fit exists
- Identify & sell to acquirers, processors, gateways & FinTechs (i.e., Enablers) to have them add Visa Direct to their portfolio of offerings to their clients
- Develop & lead a reseller program to help those Enablers grow their new Visa Direct product offering
Build the Visa Direct sales team from scratchand lead them through transformational change
- Determine how to deploy our resources for optimal growth across the wide set of opportunity
- Establish team roles, build job requirements, hire & onboard new team members
- Lead annual team goal planning & execution plans to achieve them
- Develop sales compensation plan for the team in accordance with the regional model
- Work with team on engagement & professional development
Work with cross functional partners across the regionto ensure we have what we need to be successful with our clients
- Work with VD Product team to develop the go-to-market strategy & ensure we have the right value proposition & product construct to meet client needs
- Work with Marketing to ensure our client facing materials are excellent & help accelerate the learning & sales process
- Work with Communications to share progress & growth to external audiences through a communication plan, PR, conference events, etc.
- Work with Finance to ensure appropriate incentive structure, modeling & incentive deal review structure & approval process
- Work with Legal to ensure client contracts that drive to successful outcomes for both Visa & our clients
- Work with Client Services to handoff from sale to implementation & ensure well-run projects
Develop the sales strategy, including determining high potential markets, use cases, & verticals, & how to deploy our resources for optimal growth.
- Leverage market-sizing study along with regional deep dives to develop the target use cases & clients
- Develop strategies & work with constituents to get buy-in on new use cases, including the regional Visa Direct product team
- Liaise with global Visa Direct client team to understand their expansion plans & how that fits into regional growth
- Identify trends in the each market where real-time payments can solve pain points & develop plans to target each
Drive pipeline development & pipeline review processin the region
- Drive consolidation & roll-up of all pipelines & progress across multiple sales teams in the region to summary level & report back to GSM&A & Visa Direct product leadership
- Lead regular pipeline review & problem solving sessions with the sales teams & help problem solve when client plans are stalled
- Support the Regional MS&A executive in a regular Regional Commercial Steering Committee, including support on material development
Ensure sellers are readyand able to sell Visa Direct to clients
- Work with the training liaison to drive initial & ongoing sales training across the client sales cycle
- Ensure sellers know about & have access to client-ready, legal approved sales materials
- Help sellers trouble-shoot & overcome client objections
- Develop & execute aprocess to capture client feedback on product & value-added services, & socialize with other Visa teams, in particular the VD Platform team
- Work with regional global VD product teams & operations to understandstate of Issuer readiness,andstate ofclient implementationsand post-launch support
What we're after
- Creative Self-starter with a bias toward action & proven track record for successfully developing, building, launching & commercializing technology products that delight customers
- Extensive industry related & leadership experience, including experience leading commercialization teams, product management, strategy organization and/or management consultingin or selling to global financial institutions
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a strong focus on delivering for clients
- Excellent listening & communication skills (both verbal & written), & executive presence; must be able to interface with our most senior client executives
- Ability to explain complex business & technical concepts to a broad audience in an approachable way to drive adaption
- Demonstrated thought leadership & the aptitude to think creatively & identify new ways to innovate & differentiate products with evidence of tangible business results
- Passionate about what you do & excited about the opportunity to transform payments working for the industry leader
- Ability to inspire direct reports & influence those without direct management responsibility
- Possess a high level of professionalism & leadership skills to build business relationships, trust & respect with business partners & suppliers
- Strong team player, self-motivated & the ability to work independently at coordinating across functional activities, obtain buy-in & elevate issues at critical junctures appropriately
- An advanced degree strongly preferred, or equivalent professional experience
- Visa or financial/payment industry knowledge required; push payments or real-time payments experience a plus
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge & inspire you - we'd love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Earthport is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.