BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
BuzzFeed is looking for an Associate Social Media Strategist to join our team in New York. You will work on Facebook strategy for the Commerce Editorial Social Team, but have a hand in all social platforms. You will expand our strategy to cover other platforms even more, especially instagram, search & apple news.
We are currently working remotely, & we expect to eventually re-open our offices when it is safe to return, in 2021. After re-opening, candidates will be expected to come into the New York office.
- Oversee Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram publishing, & push notifications like Apple News & the BuzzFeed App.
- Communicate & brainstorm with content creators & Shopping team to achieve goals & meet deadlines, analyzing & reporting on social performance, trends, & new opportunities.
- Engage with BuzzFeed community across platforms.
- Help maintain the cheery & collaborative BuzzFeed culture with a positive attitude & obsession with the things people are sharing, liking, recommending & talking about on the internet
- Produce ideas for Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, the App, Apple News & more
- This is job requires 1+ years experience running social accounts for a major publisher or brand
- Social media experience & data analysis skills
- An understanding of online customers buying behaviors
- Be a self-motivated person who isnt afraid to carve out new responsibilities for themselves
- Understand Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc., & why content on those platforms became popular
- Have a positive, curious, playful disposition
- A genuine love for & excitement about the internet
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.