About the Job
The Affiliates & Partnerships team at Jet & Walmart combines rigorous quantitative analysis with creative optimization & business innovation. We focus on developing high-touch, high-impact relationships that can move the needle for our overall business, support the needs of our category-based retail teams, & deliver performance-based results. Were looking for someone to play a significant role in forming new partnerships to support the growth of the overall affiliate channel & drive the topline of our business.
About the Role
As a Manager, Partnership Business Development, you will be responsible for identifying, prospecting, & securing new marketing partnerships with publishers, service providers, & third-party partners.
In this role, you will be a prominent face of the Jet & Walmart brands when working with external partners, publishers, & affiliate networks. A strong candidate will have great partnership & collaboration skills & love working cross-functionally as part of a team, yet comfortable approaching prospects on their own. This is an ideal position for a candidate who thrives on external outreach, has incredible sales skills, & a quantitative mind for negotiating effective business terms.
- Support business development targets for the Affiliate & Partnerships team across both Jet.com & Walmart.com
- Collaborate closely with category marketing leads to understand retail-based business objectives & secure partnerships that deliver against those objectives
- Utilize in-house & third-party data & research tools to identify & prioritize prospective partners for marketing initiatives
- Accurately forecast economics of potential deal terms, maximizing chance of success & minimizing risk to the business
- Go after, negotiate, & secure pilot programs with target list of partners, primarily focused within the grocery & household consumables space
- Track & report on partner success, liaising with partner in a high-touch capacity to improve performance & optimize the relationship
- Identify areas of opportunity to improve internal processes, workflows, & handoffs between teams, & then take lead in refining those process
- Nurture & optimize partnerships to point of maturity & proper handoff to core affiliate team for sustained always-on programming
- 3-5 years of experience in a business development role.
- Extreme attention to detail, strong proficiency in Excel.
- Comfortable working in a data-driven environment.
- Excellent communication, teamwork, & relationship-building skills with both external & internal stakeholders
- Willingness & ability to regularly travel to our other offices in Arkansas & California.
- Enthusiasm & experience in ecommerce & consumer marketplaces.
- Understanding of affiliate marketing & how it fits within an omnichannel strategy.
- Knowledge of affiliate networks, Omniture, multi-touch attribution.
Jet is reshaping ecommerce as we know it. Based in Hoboken NJ (just 10 min from Manhattan), we are a shopping site on the relentless pursuit to build the greatest customer experience in the world. At Jet, we believe in bold. That means taking risks, asking why not, looking where no ones looked before & crushing it! Our engineers are utilizing & building world class technologies, to optimize the supply chain, remove unnecessary costs, sprinkle in some surprise & delight all while saving consumers every penny possible & were just getting started. At Jet, we have worked hard to build a culture that stresses the importance of learning & of sharing knowledge. If you want to be part of the team that is disrupting the shopping norm & youre capable of smashing the status quo, we have a hunch youd look good in purple.
Why Walmart @Jet?
In a word: impact. As part of the Walmart family of brands, youll be able to access the resources & scale of a Fortune 1 company, while leveraging the innovative technology & nimble environment of an early stage startup.
What were saying is, this isnt your average day job. If youre hungry to catapult ideas into action & own your career, lets chat.
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve & define the future state of shopping. As the worlds largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money & live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent & more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital & physical shopping to help achieve that mission.