Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets & advanced analytics. Its Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage its capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory & reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes & lower healthcare costs. In pursuit of its goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched multiple liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 & GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, which fuel its LUNAR development programs for recurrence & early detection. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 6,000 oncologists, over 50 biopharmaceutical companies & all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
Lead the Bioinformatics Software team for Guardant Health. Responsible for the software that is used in the clinical laboratory to process patient samples & analyze their genomic profiles, finding the right treatment options for cancer patients based on a simple blood draw. Oversee the build & release process, including our continuous integration, & ensuring compliance with the software configuration management process.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage & develop team of software engineers.
- Develop the software strategy to maintain genomic workflows that ensure timely & efficient processing of samples
- Oversee, develop & maintain systems to curate sample metadata for research staff
- Build scalable infrastructure to process & manage thousands of samples
- Optimize of existing algorithms for efficiently use of cloud infrastructure & distributed systems
- Lead & guide brainstorming sessions, create & maintain a highly productive & motivating work environment
- Provide written documentation & specifications. Assist others on this as needed.
- Interface with other teams to obtain requirements & support deployed applications.
- Work on all aspects of software development in an agile environment including documentation, design, development, & testing of features & sub-systems.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Computational Biology or related field. Equivalent industry experience accepted.
- 12+ years experience developing software in production environment
- 8+ years leading teams of software developers.
- Experience developing scalable applications in AWS
- Experienced with RESTful interfaces & architecture
- Experienced in Python & R
- Experience with distributed processing & clustered applications
- Familiar with NGS data formats & tools
- Proficient with version control & software testing paradigms
- Familiar with RDBMS
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies & use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, & biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status & will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health & how it is used, please review ourPrivacy Notice for Job Applicants
Please visit our career page at:http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs