LOCATION: New York, NY or Remote
Conductor is headquartered in New York City. We welcome candidates across the country & the role can either be based in New York or remote.
At Conductor, were passionate about empowering leading brands to get found online & help their customers. The worlds top marketing teams use our software to drive their Organic Marketing strategies, from customer intelligence to creating content & optimizing their digital presence, to measuring impact. Conductor has been named Crains Best Place to Work 9 years running & Forrester Wave's Leader in SEO Platforms.
Its an exciting time to join Conductor as we recently just raised $150 million at a $525 million valuation to build out our technology.
We are a product-driven organization looking for a Sr UX Researcher to help us innovate on a platform that delivers data-rich reporting & insights that help our customers win. This is both a strategic & tactical individual contributor role that will be the foundation for building out the UX Research function within the Product team.
Reporting to the VP, Product Design, this role will:
- Define & execute qualitative & quantitative research across the product lifecycle using different methods & techniques based on project goals & timelines.
- Working at both a strategic & tactical level, design & conduct customer research initiatives, identifying problems to be solved from the users point of view to develop both insights & areas of opportunity for Product & UX.
- Define, plan & prioritize research opportunities together with Product & UX leadership.
- Surface insights about users by a variety of methods whether it be surveys, interviews, data analysis, usability studies or ethnographic observations.
- Work cross-functionally to synthesize research findings to generate useful insights & opportunities & then socialize those findings across the organization.
- Visually represent research findings via personas, user & customer journeys, data & conceptual models
- 7+ years of hands-on experience conducting primary qualitative research in an applied setting (interviews, usability testing, etc.)
- 7+ years managing all stages of quantitative research including survey design, data analysis & synthesis.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience, deliverables, & the ability to extract actionable insights from collected data.
- Proven track record of influencing product teams to act on research findings.
- MA/MS in HCI, psychology, sociology, anthropology, business, computer science, market research or related discipline preferred.
- Experience using data products & data visualization tools is a plus.
Conductor. is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Bringing in diverse perspectives & challenging our assumptions is the clear key to growth; it drives innovation, creativity, faster problem-solving, & stronger decision making. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, train, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, & business needs.
Conductor does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, & related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance. In addition, it is the policy of Conductor to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations & ordinances where a particular employee works.