Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency & public blockchains for payments, commerce & financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing & securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which together with Coinbase & the Centre Consortium oversees the standards & protocol for what has become the fastest growing, regulated, fully-reserved stablecoin. USDC now stands at well over $10 billion market cap & is adding nearly $300 million net new digital dollars in circulation every week. Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, & platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services & commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce.
What youll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains & digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient & integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people & businesses everywhere can more freely connect & transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people & companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse & which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees & families, our local communities & our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, & High Integrity.
What youll be responsible for:
As a Senior Manager, Risk Operations, youll join a data-driven risk team focused on helping Circle scale its products while providing the best possible customer experience & mitigating the associated risks. You will play a critical role in evolving our risk operations at Circle & growing the team. We're looking for ambitious, highly motivated individuals who are seeking a collaborative, iterative, & fast-paced environment.
What you'll work on:
- Develop relationships & work with many key stakeholders, both internally & externally, to manage Circles fraud risk effectively.
- Manage a team of risk analysts & risk operational activities that include but are not limited to; merchant onboarding, transaction monitoring, dispute management & customer support.
- Manage & maintain strong relationships with all payment processing partners.
- Oversee all customers risk & fraud related requests.
- Ensure merchant education on optimal fraud & chargeback management to support them.
- Develop operational fraud risk management programs, policies, procedures & internal controls to reduce fraud risk on Circles platform & across our portfolio of merchants.
- Design, calculate, monitor & achieve Risk KPIs, SLAs & goals.
- Monitor Circle & merchant performance under associated risk requirements.
- Create & maintain all risk related documentation.
- Make contributions to all risk dashboards that deliver valuable insights for enabling data-driven decision making.
- Lead, mentor & grow a high-performing team
- Support all Risk Team workload where required (i.e onboarding, customer support, troubleshooting, dispute management, etc).
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication & commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees & families & local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener & to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission & our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity & you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open & honest communication, & you hold yourself to very high moral & ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty & intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- 6+ years of experience in fraud risk people management in the payments industry.
- Strong stakeholder management skills including navigating difficult situations, negotiating deadlines, & influencing internal & external stakeholders across organizations & regions.
- Project management skills & a proven track record for building & scaling programs from the ground up.
- An analytical approach to decision-making. You are analytical, objective & skilled at using metrics to drive decisions.
- A self starter. Ability to take initiative & find creative & scalable ways to solve problems.
- Strong knowledge of payment industry requirements (cards & ACH) for payment facilitators.
- Merchant onboarding & dispute management experience in payment processing.
- Proven track record of coaching & mentorship.
- Experience using SQL.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.