At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we're unlocking the power of educator-created content. TpT gives educators access to a trusted, one-of-a-kind community. We are the world's first marketplace of our kind & founded by a teacher, for teachers as the go-to platform for teacher-created content for nearly 15 years. We are currently serving more than 7.5 million users & more than 85% of U.S. teachers. TpT is focused on building the next generation of e-learning experiences for millions of students & teachers across the world. If you haven't heard of TpT yet & want to learn more, just ask any teacher!
Who we are looking for:
Were a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers & learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. Its the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, & focused effort. We want every day to be fun & to matter.
The Developer Tools Team:
The Developer Tools team at TpT is focused on enabling our engineers to develop & ship products quickly & reliably so they can meet the needs of our TpT community. As a part of this team you will build tools & provide solutions to continuously improve the developer experience at TpT including working on continuous integration & continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines, internal CLI tooling, testing infrastructure, & development environments. The team is always on the hunt for improvements to our developers workflows, & members of the team are in constant communication with the rest of the engineering organization.
As a senior software engineer on the Developer Tools team, you will lead major projects & initiatives that improve our ability to deliver iterative value to our users. In addition to being a prolific contributor yourself, you will spend time unblocking & upleveling our engineering teams through mentorship & pairing. Youll also work with the team to propose & champion improvements to our software development life cycle that save time & raise the bar for technical quality. Finally, youll be expected to experiment with tools & technologies that impact our ability to develop, test, & deploy.
- Drive delivery of high quality & scalable tooling & infrastructure by working cross-functionally to define, scope & prioritize projects.
- Provide technical oversight to the breadth of engineering work on the team, participating directly in implementation as required.
- Support a culture of continuous iteration & learning both on the product & team processes.
- Encourage & exemplify exceptional communication & collaboration on the team & cross-functionally. Leverage these practices to help the team resolve ambiguity & make effective decisions.
- Effectively scale yourself by mentoring junior team members to deliver high quality code while providing oversight & direction.
Qualities for a successful candidate:
- Strong technical track record, with deep knowledge in at least one part of the developer experience domain & a demonstrated ability to drive systems-level decisions across the stack.
- Familiarity with building CI/CD pipelines
- Deep technical curiosity to learn & fill gaps in knowledge about systems you are responsible for. Able to learn & provide effective feedback to peers working on a wide breadth of technologies.
- Excellent verbal & written communication that is effective both amongst engineers & cross-functionally.
- 4+ years of experience in development at scale, with clear examples of leading large, complex projects.
Benefits & Perks:
At TpT, we believe the positive experience of employees is essential to growth, both individually & collectively. To achieve our mission of Empowering Educators to Teach at Their Best, we must also empower the members of our TpT Team to work at their best. To that end, two of our core company values are We Learn & Grow Together & We Enjoy the Journey. Weve committed to these values & to our employees through investing in added benefits & perks:
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision & Dental Benefits
- Free Telemedicine Membership - 24/7 access to trusted medical advisors
- Generous PTO & Wellness Days
- 5 Week Recharge Leave after 5 Years, to refresh & celebrate the impact youve had at TpT
- Generous Parental Leave (for new parents) for time to adjust to parenthood, plus additional six weeks for the birth parent
- Onsite Mothers Room
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to promote employee inclusivity & belonging
- Engineering Learning Fridays (ELF), to provide a space each week for Engineering teams to collaborate & learn from each other
- Professional Development Stipend, to support the professional growth of employees (including - but not limited to - subscriptions, books, lectures, etc.)
- Annual Company Events (Camp TpT, Field Day, Hackathons, Holiday Party, Summer Picnic, Classroom Visits, etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion & encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized & celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Finally, if youre a California resident, California law requires that we provide you notice about the collection & use of your personal information. We encourage you to read it carefully. You can find our full notice here.