Who are we?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities & public spaces, with products that bridge the digital & physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information & content to enrich our everyday journeys & elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with groundbreaking technology to design, develop, deliver, & maintain unique products & experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, & consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting & travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents & visitors, or private developers to craft unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods & districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the Role?
As a Trainee at Intersection, you will assist in maintaining our advertising assets in the New Jersey metro area. You are highly motivated, reliable & dedicated, & able to work well in a team environment. You should have excellent written & verbal communication skills, & you must possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record. You should be comfortable working in the elements year-round.
This is a full-time position. The hours are Monday-Friday 7:00 AM-3:30 PM.This position is compensated at $15.00 per hour.This role will gain you entry into our affiliated union with a generous benefits package & PTO policy as stated through our union contract.
What you will accomplish:
- You have successfully installed & removed advertising posters on the interior & exterior of trains
- You have accurately recorded & reported all install/removal information prior to the end of each shift
- You report safety & maintenance related problems to supervisor/operations manager
- You have participated in company training, safety meetings & other meetings & events as directed
Youre great for this role because:
- Ability to lift or carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work alone or with minimal supervision
- Ability to reach with hands & arms; stoop, kneel, bend or crawl
- Perform non-routine duties as assigned by a supervisor
Offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a review of motor vehicle records, verification of social security number & passing a drug test at a certified testing facility.
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer.