As a Site Reliability Engineer, youll work closely with other SREs & developers to ensure Vimeo remains available, fast, & secure. We own the core infrastructure on which most Vimeo apps sit, including system configuration, basic network services, container orchestration, metrics collection, & load balancing. We're building tools that are used by all of engineering to manage production, with the goal of providing a consistent & powerful platform. You'll be instrumental in making Vimeo the best toolset for video creators.
What you'll do:
- With the rest of the SRE team, own the base production infrastructure: VM provisioning, configuration management, load balancing, access control, container orchestration, & the tools we use to interact with all that stuff.
- Build tools to make our infrastructure more consistent, more reliable, more observable, & require less manual intervention.
- Consult with other engineering teams at Vimeo to improve their reliability & operational processes.
- Manage changes to our production environment.
- Take part in a 12x7 on-call rotation (split with our team in Bangalore), to triage & troubleshoot production issues.
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- 4+ years of experience with Linux systems engineering.
- Experience programming with at least one language Vimeo uses -- Python, Go, Ruby, or PHP -- & a desire to learn more. (The SRE team uses primarily Python & Go, with occasional shell scripts).
- Knowledge of fundamental networking protocols, such as TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, & DNS, or of Linux system internals.
- An understanding of configuration management (we use Chef), or containerization toolsets (we use Docker).
- An understanding of large scale system design, monitoring, & operational practices.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical system administration & programming experience.
- Experience with container orchestration technologies like Kubernetes, Mesos, or Nomad. (We use Kubernetes.)
- Experience with virtualization platforms, either on-prem or cloud-based.
- A track record of automating away your job.
- An appreciation of & enthusiasm for software engineering best practices, such as code review, testing, & continuous delivery.
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories & connect with their audiences & communities. Home to more than 90 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the worlds largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share & sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, & to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent & cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration & creativity. Were committed to building a company & a community where people thrive by being themselves & are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe & India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.