Nextdoor is where neighbors turn for trusted connections & the exchange of helpful information, goods, & services. Nextdoors purpose is to cultivate a kinder world where everyone has a neighborhood they can rely on.
Building connections in the real world is a universal human need. That truth & the reality that neighborhoods are one of the most important & useful communities in our lives have been guiding principles for Nextdoor. Today, neighbors rely on Nextdoor in neighborhoods around the world in the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Denmark, Australia, & Canada, with many more to come.
Meet your Future Neighbors
Nextdoors Advertising Solutions team is a diverse, hungry & strategic group of neighbors focused on partnering with national brands to connect them with our community of members through our growing portfolio of advertising products. The team culture mirrors the larger business focus, relying on building trusted connections both internally as well as with our partners in order to drive campaigns & executions that add value to our members lives while simultaneously driving results for our brand partners. We believe that in order to succeed we must attract & develop smart, capable & passionate employees, while also creating an environment where they can thrive & grow.
The Impact Youll Make
Nextdoors Advertising Solutions team partners with national brands to connect them with our hyper-local community of neighbors across the United States through our suite of advertising products. We are looking for an Account Manager to help our strategic advertising partners manage & grow their advertising campaigns on Nextdoor. Youll work closely with clients & agencies to develop & execute advertising buys on the platform, while also partnering with product management & engineering teams to provide feedback & identify opportunities to improve the efficacy of our team & product. If you're great with people, insanely detail-oriented, & a creative problem solver come join our hood!
- Provide excellent customer service to Nextdoor advertising partners by developing effective campaigns & recommending best practices
- Build & manage strong relationships with advertising & agency partners
- Serve as the primary post-sale point-of-contact for clients in a designated book of business
- Manage all aspects of the campaign, from the initial contract to final billing needs while proactively monitoring & solving campaign-related issues in a timely manner
- Execute, optimize, & analyze advertising campaigns on Nextdoor using internal tools & dashboards
- Drive the day-to-day communication with brands & ensure campaign success
- Lead data-driven upsell & renewal conversations to retain & grow revenue partnerships
- Cultivate a strategic approach to product adoption through the deep knowledge of our clients business challenges & our platforms solutions
- Create & present strategic POVs, campaign wrap-ups and/or Quarterly Business Reviews to client(s)
- Work cross-functionally to ensure all aspects of a campaign are executed flawlessly
What Youll Bring to The House
- 5-7 years experience in account management or other client-facing media role
- Experience leading day-to-day client communications & managing brand partnerships
- Experience developing & executing digital media and/or social media campaigns
- Experience with analyzing data to deliver actionable insights
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced & high-volume environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated & comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Positive attitude & team-oriented mentality
At Nextdoor, we empower our employees to build stronger local communities. To create a platform where all feel welcome, we want our workforce to reflect the diversity of the customers we seek to serve. We encourage everyone interested in our purpose to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other trait that unfairly targets a group of people. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we always consider qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.
The Interview Process
At Nextdoor, we debate in plain sight with a transparent, inclusive & consistent decision-making process. As such, were pleased to tell you a bit more about what to expect from our interview process!
- Our recruiting team will be in touch if your application & experience align with the required and/or preferred qualifications listed in the job description
- Youll have a 30-45 minute phone conversation with a recruiter so that we can learn more about you & you can learn more about Nextdoor.
- The recruiting team will schedule you for a 30-45 minute phone conversation with the hiring manager.
- Youll come onsite to meet the team
- Youll meet with 4-5 neighbors, including a Client Partner, a peer in the Account Management role, someone in Ad Solutions Leadership, & the Sales leader in your region.
*Please note that progressing through the steps outlined above assumes continued interest & alignment from candidates & Nextdoor