Bonobos islooking for aFabric Assistant to offer support to the Fabric R&D & Design teams, while also supporting the fabric development/testing/quality process.
At Bonobos, were redefining how customers browse, discover & shop for apparel. As the largest digitally native apparel company in the US, we are poised to make groundbreaking advances in how customers shop. Bonobos is uniquely positioned to delight customers by connecting our showroom stores (we call them Guideshops) to our online experiences. We're inventing the future of retail & our customers are fanatical about our clothes & our world-class customer service.
What you'll do...
- Coordinate mill meetings/appointments for NY office visits
- Coordinate schedules for trade shows: Milano Unica, Premiere Vision, ISPO, Pitti Filati, Outdoor Retailer
- Manage fabric inquiry process with mills handle communication for fabric pricing, lead times, minimums, available sample yardage, custom colors/finish inquiries, counter requests, obtain fabric detail sheets
- Elevate potential quality issues
- Review & request development counters
- Request fabric testing for quality, performance metrics, product safety claims, etc. per guidance provided
- Distribute mill packages when received, review & organize price lists/fabric details
- Maintain fabric library
- Have 2 -3 years experience with fabric sourcing/development
- Knowledgeable of mens fabric development & knit & woven fabric construction (must have understanding of men's luxury tailored)
- Have well-developed communication (written & verbal), organizational skills, & detail orientation
- Are resourceful, hands-on with a sense of urgency, & have great time management with ability to multi-task
- Are proficient in Excel, MS office
- Have experience communicating with European & Asian fabric mills
- Are Able to work in a team environment & possess a great attitude
- Believe in the power of self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy & positive energy as our team values
- Work hard because we love what were doing, but also believe in balance (flex PTO!)
- Back up our talk with a competitive compensation & benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun, & awesome coworkers that feel like family
- Have a passion for delivering a superior experience to our customers, clients, vendors & one another
- Are located in the Flatiron District in the heart of Manhattan
- Are excited to hear from you