When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges & an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago & finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years & we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines & restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, & giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants & consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world & we do this in real time. Millions of customers & thousands of restaurants & riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And were just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at 7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking & travel to retail & communications - its clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FTs list of Europes fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, & we were the first company ever to win Deloittes UK Top 50 two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
The Construction Project Manager will be part of a team responsible for managing & coordinating the delivery of Deliveroo Editions sites, including liaising & managing external consultants & contractors & providing accurate reporting.
- Co-ordinate & managing construction of new Editions sites & refurbs
- Full budget management from feasibility through to final account
- Liaising with the Acquisition managers for financial appraisals of the proposed development projects
- Carrying out post project reviews to establish learnings & best practice
- Communication with key stakeholders, through accurate & timely reporting
- Compliance with all statutory legislation
- Managing dependencies, resources & scheduling constraints, & any issues across multiple projects
The role requires strong project management skills with a strong track-record of hitting & exceeding business targets/deadlines:
- 5+ years project management experience
- Client side experience, ideal
- A driven & flexible self starter who can prioritise a challenging workload
- Food & Beverage and/or commercial catering experience essential
- Flexible & available for nationwide travel
- Experience with managing multiple projects
- Good technical understanding
- Engaged with the property aspect of business
- Proven ability to deliver full turnkey projects from inception to handover
Benefits & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business & we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away & relocation. In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners & because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed & able to share in the company's success. We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in & how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food & a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up's around