As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa is currently seeking a Business Project/Program Manager to work in our Finance Systems Strategy team & play a critical role in the development & implementation of Finance System enhancements & modifications. The Program Manager will be part of the Finance Systems Strategy (FSS) organization, which is responsible for defining the global finance systems roadmap as well as the implementation & enhancement of global revenue systems & resides in Finance organization. The FSS team works closely with the business owners of the Finance systems & the Corporate IT team to define business requirements. Excellent business & systems analysis, critical thinking, & communication skills are crucial for this role. The candidate must be self-directed & comfortable in multi-tasking & be disciplined & adaptable to change.
- Manage high profile projects addressing highly complex business issues that have significant impact to the Finance function & across Visa as an enterprise. Projects are designed to improve speed, quality & control of business process, where changes are required to processes & functions due to the implementation of Finance systems & solutions.
- Responsible for timely & high quality of project deliverables assigned to FSS & Finance business teams, & for ensuring that the project can deliver the benefits outlined in the business case & meets the reasonable expectations of end users. Provide clearly defined project expectations, timely delivery of critical milestones, & measurable project results. Define & manage detailed plans to accomplish goals & directs the integration of business team activities.
- Collaborate closely with IT Project & Program managers, taking joint responsibility for the successful execution of project activities & overall implementation, including project communications, scope, dependencies, risks & issue resolution.
- Partner with key cross-functional stakeholders to drive all aspects of complex initiatives, including scope definition, developing project plans, managing dependencies, executing with a high degree of accuracy & integrity, keeping supporting groups on task, & producing status & other documentation for presentation to senior management to ensure progress & completion.
- Effective leadership qualities; ability to influence effectively without direct management authority; experience managing conflict to achieve project goals; transparency with management & stakeholders.
- Strong process orientation & demonstrated knowledge of organizational, planning & analytical skills, including project scheduling, estimating, risk identification, change management, & best practices.
- Manage & communicate project scope, dependencies, risks & issue resolution in partnership with IT and/or vendor Project Managers, & work collaboratively to insure successful & effective implementation.
- Analyze requirements & resource needs to plan & assess the feasibility of project design & implementation. Plan, direct & coordinate appropriate working sessions, reviews & other discussions to ensure high quality deliverables.
- Responsible for ensuring user acceptance testing (UAT) deliverables are defined & incorporated into project plan. Assist in developing the testing approach & detailed testing schedule, & ensure entry & exit criteria for testing phases are met, & manage the business sign off process.
- Responsible for working with Change Management team to assess necessary business readiness activities & integrate them into project plans. Able to manage change management & communications outreach efforts across the broader Visa organization in support of project implementations.
- Establish quantitative & qualitative measurement of benefits & means for tracking to enhance evaluation of project scope & objectives on the front end, & ensure project objectives are reached on the back end.
- Manage diverse, often geographically dispersed FSS & Finance project teams, setting project activity priorities & tracking to ensure timely completion. Manage vendors to defined deliverables & budget, & review & assess vendor implementation estimates & quality of deliverables. Able to work with cross-functional teams at a global or multi-region capacity, with strong cross-cultural sensitivities.
- Manage effectively within the project governance structure & partner closely with IT Program Manager. Present & explain proposals, reports & findings to project sponsor & business owners. Report timely status & escalates issues as necessary to project sponsor & executive steering committee.
- Create & maintain all required project artifacts & documents & communicates assumptions, decisions, issues, risks & drives for resolutions & mitigations.
- Able to quickly build rapport with all levels of management, across functions & with external partners. Comfortable in communicating, resolving conflict & brokering consensus with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills. Experienced in communicating effectively with leaders & sponsors, including concise, issue-focused presentation materials & leading executive level discussions.
Project Financial Management
- Maintains & controls the business project budget, schedule & resources. Partners with IT project managers on the overall project budget & schedule management.
- May be responsible for managing Requests for Proposal & subsequent vendor evaluations & procurement of project related professional services, & managing vendor costs, schedule & deliverables.
- As needed, assists in the development of financial systems roadmaps & funding proposals for long term planning & budgeting
- Partners with FSS stakeholders to analyze, assess, & recommend improvement opportunities for FSS / IT processes.
- Partners with IT to develop & improve project management & implementation methodologies used by FSS & IT.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- Degree with a combination of Systems/Accounting/Finance concentration or Management information systems background.
- 10 or more years of progressive program or project management experience preferably with large, multi-national, publicly-traded companies.
- 10 or more years of progressive experience in revenue operations, billing, or system support functions, preferably with large, multi-national, publicly-traded companies. Solid understanding of the underlying revenue operations business processes encompassing pricing, invoicing, reporting, master data, etc.
- 5 or more years of managing Finance Systems projects on major ERP platforms (i.e. Oracle, SAP, Workday, etc.)
- Experience in Oracle Revenue Management & Billing (ORMB) or Oracle Customer Care & Billing (CC&B) strongly preferred. Experience with other enterprise revenue software packages (e.g. Oracle BRM, SAP, Amdocs, etc.) also preferred
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal) & ability to translate complex information into comprehensive, concise & high quality business requirements with minimal revisions.
- Excellent project management skills & ability to effectively manage multiple projects at one time & meet project deadlines.
- PMP Certification and/or Scrum Master Certification required
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly & achieve in-depth understanding of complex processes & systems.
- Excellent understanding of the Agile methodology & Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process.
- Background in payment industry & transaction based billing preferred. Experience & knowledge of Visa transaction processing systems attractive.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.