Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is hiring a Software Engineer in Test for Twilios Voice & Video distributed systems infrastructure to deliver scalability, resiliency & quality. You will develop next generation automated frameworks & tools for load, resiliency, & functional testing to enable real-time, low latency services for next generation communications.
Twilio is looking for a technologist with a demonstrated track record of success.
- 5+ years in a Engineering role with complex distributed systems projects including relevant experience with software development lifecycle & processes.
- You have breadth of experience in defining & building tools & frameworks for automated testing challenges including functional, load, resiliency, performance & stress testing in a cloud platform or enterprise scale environment.
- Depth of operational experience in complex distributed systems, including operating systems in a cloud platform or enterprise scale environment.
- You are proficient in a modern development language such as Java/Python.
- You think at scale, exceeding high availability SLA goals, bringing a focus on test methodology from design through deployment & operations.
- You bring a depth of experience in complex distributed systems, overseeing quality & operating Java-based systems in production.
- Most importantly, you have the desire to collaborate across teams to build, test & operate services at scale.
- Bachelors/Masters degree required, or equivalent experience.
A great day for you would be:
- Working across several collaborative teams, analyzing services & systems, coordinating with other teams to enhance the overall design & performance.
- Researching test tools, methodologies, & trends & upgrading existing practices & processes.
- Pushing production code thats impacting millions of developers & helping companies solve their problems. Companies rely on us for their communications - theres no downtime. We change the engine of the plane while were still flying it.
As a Software Engineer in Test you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: You contribute to quality & stability of Voice & Video services by developing & improving testing frameworks & tools based on Twilio standard procedures & guidelines, towards 24x7 availability, with high performance, scalable & zero downtime releases in AWS environment.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Most importantly, you have the desire to collaborate across teams on best practices to build, test & operate services at scale.
- WRITE IT DOWN: You will craft best practices as runbooks & standard operating procedures to share knowledge goodness across teams.
- DRAW THE OWL: We still have problems we havent even thought of! Youll need to recognize gaps in systems, services & processes to achieve ultimate success.
Twilio Developers use Programmable Voice & Video to build unique communication experiences to make, receive & control voice interactions around the globe. Twilios Voice team develops & operates the worldwide infrastructure for call processing, including signalling, media, routing, conference, payment & speech services.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position is located out of our new Madrid, Spain office at Paseo de la Castellana, 77. Relocation support will be provided.
Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.