Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data & technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. Were the most-visited car-shopping site in the US & we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
What You'll Do:
- Build performant applications with high availability & low latency.
- Ensure security, accessibility, & privacy concerns are handled.
- Write maintainable code with extensive test coverage, including load tests.
- Collaborate with fellow engineers & teams across the organization.
- Advocate for better technologies & methodologies.
- Continuously learn & expand your capabilities.
Who You Are:
- Proficient at developing well-structured, performant web applications with component-based architectures
- Knowledge of security & data concerns such as privacy, data integrity, etc.
- Experience with containerization & cloud environments.
- Understanding of REST, JSON, API design & micro-services.
- Skilled in common UX patterns, accessibility, & cross-browser, cross-device implementations.
- Fundamental understanding of algorithms, data structures & design patterns.
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines.
At CarGurus, we invest in our peoples professional growth with everything from learning & development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks & benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, & more. That includes equity in the companyour way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the worlds most trusted & transparent automotive marketplace, but trust & transparency dont just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves & their potentialwhere you dont just fit, you thrive. We dont discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
We recognize that flexibility plays a critical role in enabling our people to thrive in both their personal & professional lives. We currently welcome Gurus into our Cambridge, MA office on a voluntary basis but do not require employees to physically be in the office. We will adopt a hybrid working model when health experts & government officials in our local communities deem it safe to do so. Specific arrangements within this model will be up to team leaders discretion; we encourage you to discuss your questions & needs during the interview process.
All US CarGurus employees are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19, unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation. This helps us to safeguard the health of our employees & their families, our customers & visitors, & the community at large.