Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions & consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Over 1,000 clientsincluding more than 50% of the Fortune 100choose Foursquare.
Foursquares toolkit includes Attribution, Audience & Proximity Targeting, Visits, Places & Pilgrim SDK. Together, these products empower brands to measure foot traffic lift via multi-touch attribution; deliver proximity-based advertising; analyze & identify trends; drive deeper engagement via Foursquares industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 200,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Twitter & Uber; & optimize advertising campaigns across hundreds of audiences. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map & models fresh & up-to-date.
Foursquare has more than 350+ employees based in New York headquarters with offices in Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago & Singapore. In 2019 Foursquare acquired Placed from Snap, & then in 2020 merged with Factual. Foursquare is proud to be funded by The Raine Group, Simon Ventures, Naver, Union Square Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment Partners & more.
About the Team
The Client Solutions Engineering team is responsible for custom & interim solutions & support that help Foursquare go-to-market faster & meet the needs of our clients & partners. We work with our Client Success team as well as directly with clients & partners to provide technical guidance & ensure they are able to use Foursquare products & data effectively. We are a high-impact team of scrappy developers working on the bleeding edge of the full suite of Foursquare products.
About the role
As a Support Engineer on Foursquare Marketers products, you will primarily assist Product Operations by providing technical support for all FSQ standard product offerings. You will be responsible for data cleanup, troubleshooting, ensuring Operations & Customer Success are kept up-to-date, & providing client technical guidance with standard products. This role is fully remote but working hours require at least 50% availability with New York business hours.
Responsibilities of the role
- You will develop & execute workflows that query, transform, cleanse and/or analyze data
- You will triage unexpected behavior, navigating complex systems through log files, stack traces & data analysis to identify issues & solutions, working closely with Product, Operations & Engineering
- Ensure Customer Success team members are unblocked & informed regularly of updates
- Provide product feedback & help shape processes to improve operability of Marketers products based on issues & client support requests
- 2+ years experience in a similar role or similar working experience
- Demonstrate programming experience (we use Python primarily)
- 2+ years experience with SQL (we use Athena & Hive)
- 2+ years experience with AWS or other cloud storage provider
- Fluent in shell scripting & comfort with command-line utilities to view, edit & manipulate data
- Ability to troubleshoot through log files & stack traces
- Experience with data analysis & notebooks (e.g. pandas, spark)
- Experience supporting external clients or internal stakeholders
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Nice to have:
- Experience with Big Data, including analysis & ETL
- Experience using workflow & execution tools such as Jenkins, Luigi or Airflow
- Experience working across several teams (technical & non-technical) in a cross-functional role
- An understanding of AdTech industry, especially attribution
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.