Working alongside our Head of Real Estate, NYC the Director of Real Estate, NYC will be a key part of the NYC team responsible for all transactional work pertaining to Knotels key market. S/he will grow Knotels real estate portfolio by setting systems & processes around deal sourcing, timely deal conversion, advantageous deal terms, negotiations & overall portfolio management.
What Youll Do
- Build Knotels Real Estate portfolio by maintaining a healthy pipeline of commercial real estate properties
- Leverage extensive network of C-Level executives at REITs, PE shops & development companies to structure creative managed deals
- Increase Knotels square footage through traditional leases
- Increase Knotel's square footage through direct acquisition of buildings
- Manage & continue to grow the team responsible for growing Knotels core real estate portfolio
- Synthesize market data & best practices to establish standards to support excellent site selection
- Manage resources to drive consistency, objectivity & fact-based orientation with respect to project delivery across individual team members
- Partner with Legal, Finance, Operations, Growth & other cross functional teams to streamline inputs & increase alignment on all deals
- Create & prepare various monthly, quarterly, & annual reports for managements review as needed.
Who You Are
You are a real estate deal person at heart. Youre driven by creating process, creating efficiencies & educating others on how to optimize deal flows. Youre comfortable working across the organization & have a knack for prioritizing a diverse workload to achieve common goals. You naturally have an eye toward scale & are excited about the ability to grown Knotel's already large NYC footprint exponentially. You also have the following:
- 15+ years of experience in real estate deal transactions
- Breadth of knowledge in end-to-end deal negotiation
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize & manage critical situations
- Creative thinking & flexibility that allows you to operate in an agile high growth environment
Knotel empowers companies to be their most productive by providing tailored, responsive spaces that flex to meet their evolving needs.
Named a Business Insider Top 50 Startup & New York's Hottest New Workspace Model, Knotel has over 100 locations across more than 2 million square feet in New York, San Francisco, London, & Berlin. Founded in 2016, Knotel has raised $160 million in funding. Knotels member network includes companies like Starbucks, Cheddar, & King. Visit Knotel.com to learn more.
Our Core Values
Fly your Flag - Dont check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
Dont Look Away- Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home & give the gift of belonging.
Outcomes, Not Processes- Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal & back out the journey
Get Uncomfortable- Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure & sign up for the hairy challenges.
Where is it Engraved- Question orthodoxy.
Share in the Victory Dance- No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others & offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual & collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, & religious backgrounds can do their best work. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts & initiatives outlined here.