Your role in our mission
Were on a mission to build intuitive, personal help & anticipatory technology into one of the most important spaces in our lives: our home. As a startup at the intersection of four multi-billion dollar industries - real estate, technology, service & commerce - Hello Alfred is a new kind of company: trusted to serve consumers past their front door.
The GM, Buildings role will own & drive the strategy of Alfreds entire building technology business. As a true business owner, you will oversee the P&L, revenue & product roadmap for Hello Alfreds B2B business lines Reporting to our COO & Co-founder, you will manage & build a cross functional team including sales, account management, product & marketing. The ideal candidate will possess both a business background to drive enterprise value & engagement at the executive level, as well as the ability to execute & delegate and build a world-class cross-functional organization. You will be measured to revenue, footprint & margin targets.
This is a big role that owns one of the most critical parts of Alfreds business. It requires a big leader with a strong point of view / vision, product-thinking, analytical chops, a passion for B2B sales & marketing , & the ability to influence & drive results across organizations.
How youll help us to be successful
In this role, you will run Alfreds entire building (B2B) business, determining strategy, sales approach & product development to drive accelerated revenue growth & profitability.
- Own & evolve the long term strategic roadmap for Alfreds B2B business in line with business priorities & objectives
- Establish the product vision & strategy for the B2B business line, as well as developing metrics & goals to measure success
- Set & achieve aggressive revenue targets for our Buildings business line
- Serving as the key business stakeholder for the B2B technology team, providing business goals to guide the prioritization of the roadmap, ensuring alignment with cross-functional partners (Finance, Sales, Marketing, Operations etc.) & the executive team
- Lead & manage our B2B Sales team to achieve revenue & footprint targets, while also taking market feedback & incorporating it into our product roadmap
- Become an expert in residential real estate technology, developing hypotheses, soliciting constant customer feedback & ultimately ensuring were building the right products
- Align & rally the cross-functional team behind one vision, roadmap & set of targets, including product management, engineering, design, sales, marketing & operations
- Rapidly iterating & evolving the product to meet our building partners needs, while creating scalable global solutions
- Using internal & external data, research & learning opportunities to look around corners for future user needs
What superpowers youll use
- General manager/owner mentality: an entrepreneurial drive with bias for action
- Outcome-oriented: not reactionary, articulates the desired outcome & works collaboratively to create a path to achieve it
- Customer experience intuition & judgement: demonstrated success in creating innovative & user-friendly applications, features, workflows, services & experiences.
- Collaborative: excellent relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, & work with a variety of internal & external stakeholders
Who you are
- 10-15+ years of business line general management and/or product management experience, having built new products or services successfully from concept to scale
- Deep familiarity & expertise in real estate technology & innovation; landlord relationships preferred
- Proven P&L ownership & revenue growth
- A systems thinker with a lateral mind; low ego, high intellect
- Proven revenue leader with a successful track record of maturing & scaling up early stage SaaS technology companys revenue, operations, teams, & business model
- Demonstrated ability to articulate & execute a product vision, strategy, planning & development
- Experience bridging the online-offline world in this hybrid role of tech / physical experience / services solution set
- Entrepreneurial drive & demonstrated ability to achieve goals in a fast-paced environment, while building scalable solutions
- Excellent written & oral communication skills with technical & non-technical audiences
- MBA or masters degree preferred