About the Role
Be a part of our extraordinary Own Brand Buying team, based in our London office. You will be working closely with Merchandising, Design & Garment Technologist in developing & buying excellent quality products for our clients, using data to support & drive business decisions you make. We are looking for a Junior Buyer for Womenswear Dresses & Skirts to fulfill a 10 month FTC. The successful candidate will have a keen eye for style & trends, with demonstrated success leveraging data & client feedback to shape rebuy & refresh opportunities. You must have proven ability to develop close working relationships with your team & long term partnerships within the supply base. You will take ownership of the Dresses & Skirts department for the Womenswear team with support & guidance from the Senior Buyer. You will be able develop & execute departmental strategies that deliver strong financial results, that continue to delight all Stitch Fix clients.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will
- Own Dresses & Skirts department within the Womens Own Buy team, with support from the Senior buyer.
- Partner with the merchandising team to create & execute departmental strategies to meet & exceed financial targets, whilst delighting our clients with the product offering & quality.
- Critically analyse data findings on a weekly basis to support commercial decisions & improve sales performance.
- Develop strong working relationships with your supply base, both long & short lead time whilst continuing to improve IMU% & flexibility in the supply chain, adapting to the needs of the business.
- Play an important role in fit sessions, partnering with the garment technologist to deliver product with great fit & size feedback, whilst identifying opportunities for improvement through the rich sources of client feedback.
- Manage a Buying Assistant, leading & coaching through critical path & sample management, prioritising daily tasks & providing administrative support when needed.
- Liaise with key cross functional partners in Marketing, Styling, Customer Service, PR & Ops to drive business success & process improvements
- Explore new innovations in the world of buying, from 3D design & fit technology to leveraging cross-functional expertise from our data scientist & algorithm teams
Were excited about you because
- You are interested in a 10-month FTC opportunity
- You are able to work from our London, UK Headquarters 2-3 days per week
- You are an experienced Junior Buyer with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a retail-related role & have spent at least 3 years at the Assistant Buyer level.
- You have at least 3 year of experience managing direct report(s) & are excited to continue developing your people leadership skills
- You have strong knowledge of retail math & business metrics & have established a keen eye for upcoming trend
- You demonstrate an inclination towards using & understanding data to help inform decisions & solve problems
- You are extremely detail oriented & organised & able to work in a fast paced, & at times ambiguous environment
- You have developed strong communication skills, both written & verbal, & are comfortable with negotiations & presentations
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit; demonstrating curiosity & passion for innovation, iterative processes, & constant learning
- You are someone who exudes positivity, possesses a can-do attitude & the ability to persevere through setbacks & challenges
- You enjoy being part of a team, leveraging the strengths & talents of others, while also operating independently as needed to achieve results
- You are someone who seeks out opportunities to learn & grow both professionally & personally & who values transparency & accountability via feedback
Why you'll love working at Stitch Fix...
- We are a group of bright, kind & goal oriented people. You can be your authentic self here, & are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of tech & fashion, redefining retail for the next generation
- We are a technologically & data-driven business
- We are committed to our clients & connected through our vision of Transforming the way people find what they love
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively & trying new things
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
- We are challenged, developed & have meaningful impact
- We take what we do seriously. We dont take ourselves seriously
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
- We offer competitive compensation packages & comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix & will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
About Stitch Fix
Stitch Fix is an online personal style service for men & women combining art & science to disrupt & redefine the retail industry. Were the first fashion retailer to blend expert styling, proprietary technology & unique product to deliver a refined & deeply personalized shopping experience. We leverage vast amounts of client data to make decisions throughout the company. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our customers & a successful, growing business. We believe we are only scratching the surface of our opportunity; & were looking for incredible people to contribute! Wed love for you to help us carry on the trend.